Subject: Re: Comments on draft-dusseault-http-patch-06

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 02:03:52 -0600

Lisa Dusseault wrote:

>
> I have also looked into a standard XML diff format, and talked to 
> Adrian Mouat about standardizing his format.
>  - code: http://treepatch.sourceforge.net/  or 
> http://diffxml.sourceforge.net/
>  - dissertation/specification: 
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/diffxml/dissertation.ps?download
>
> I would think diff formats would generally be better off defined in 
> separate documents so that they can be reused, HTTP and PATCH are by 
> no means the only applications that could use a standard diff format.

I don't know if this work is still being pursued, but I would like to 
draw attention to draft-urpalainen-simple-xcap-patch-ops-00.txt. This 
document will be discussed at the IETF meeting in the SIMPLE working 
group next week (Tuesday in the morning session); I also expect that 
discussion on the IETF SIMPLE mailing list would be welcome.

/a