Subject: Re: HTTP authentication

From: Ben Laurie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 16:26:28 +0000

Lisa Dusseault wrote:
> Talking with various potential CalDAV deployers lately, there's a
> perceived need for better HTTP authentication mechanisms: ones which
> can deal with federated identity and single sign-on.

Sam Hartman wrote:
> 
> 
> 
> May  I forward this to other interested parties?
> 
> I think it is too late to get a BOF for IETF 64, but would be happy
> to work on it for the next IETF.  We could definitely have a bar bof.
> 

I'm way behind on email ... there was a non-bof on identity management
at IETF 64, under the name DIX. The plan is to propose a BoF for IETF 
65, leading, hopefully, to a WG. Pity I didn't notice this beforehand.

-- 
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html       http://www.thebunker.net/
**  ApacheCon - Dec 10-14th - San Diego - http://apachecon.com/ **
"There is no limit to what a man can do or how far he can go if he
doesn't mind who gets the credit." - Robert Woodruff

---

From: Ben Laurie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:17:36 +0000

RL 'Bob' Morgan wrote:
> Note that the ietf-dix list/pre-bof/technology is entirely independent 
> from the ietf-http-auth list/bar-bof/technology, though of course 
> Everything Is Related in some fashion.

I'm not sure I agree with that at all, since several, if not many, 
identity management solutions include HTTP auth in their problem space.

---

From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:08:27 +0000

- RL "Bob"