Subject: IEEE ICDM'06: Last Call for Workshop Proposals

From: "ICDM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 17:02:48 +0900

[Apologies if you receive this more than once]

==================================================================
Call for Workshop Proposals

ICDM '06: The 6th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining

Sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society

Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, Hong Kong, China,
18-22 December 2006

http://www.comp.hkbu.edu.hk/iwi06/

*******************************************************************
Workshop Proposals Due: 10 April 2006
All papers accepted for workshops will be included in the Workshop
Proceedings published by the IEEE Computer Society Press
===================================================================

The Program Committee of the 6th IEEE International Conference on Data
Mining (ICDM '06) invites proposals for Workshops.  The Workshops will
be held at the beginning of the Conference, December 18, 2006 at the
Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.

The workshop organizers will be responsible for advertising the
workshop, forming the program committees, reviewing and selecting the
papers, and guaranteeing high quality worthy of the prestige and range
of the Conference.  All papers accepted for workshops will be included
in the Workshop Proceedings published by the IEEE Computer Society Press
and will be available at the workshops.

The workshop organizers will also have the discretion of editing
selected papers (after their expansion and revision) into books or
special journal issues.  Workshops may be full-day or half-day. A
full-day workshop should select 20-25 regular papers, while a half-day
workshop should select 10-13 regular papers, from a large number of
submissions.  The workshop organizers should ensure the presence of
authors of accepted papers at the workshops.

Each workshop subject will focus on new research challenges and
initiatives in Data Mining.  The workshops should provide an informal
and vibrant forum for researchers and industry practitioners to share
their research results and practical development experiences in the
data mining field.

Workshop Proposal Submission
-----------------------------

Workshop proposals should include the following elements:

- Title of the workshop
- Your name, affiliation, mailing address and e-mail address
- A description of the topic of the workshop (not exceeding 200 words)
- Type of the workshop (full-day or half-day)
- A description of how the workshop will contribute to the field of
  Web Intelligence and/or Intelligent Agent Technology
- A short description on how the workshop will be advertised so as
  to ensure a sufficiently wide range of authors and high quality papers

After the acceptance of a workshop proposal the organizer(s) should:

- Create a "Call for papers/participation" for the workshop
- Create a Web page for the workshop, the link of which will be published
  on the Conference Web site
- Create a Board of Reviewers (Program Committee)
- Review and select papers
- Schedule the workshop activities

All submitted papers will be reviewed on the basis of technical
quality, relevance, significance, and clarity.

Those papers selected by a workshop organizer will also be reviewed by
the Workshop Co-Chairs for final acceptance.

We will provide an online paper submission and review system to
support the workshops.

Important Dates
---------------

- April 10, 2006: Workshop proposal submission due
    (Please send proposals by e-mail to Workshops Chair)
- April 20, 2006: Notification to workshop proposers
- April 30, 2006: Each workshop organizer sends out Call for Workshops
Papers
- July 30, 2006: Due date for full workshop papers submission
                 (at least two reviews for each paper)
- September 5, 2006: Final acceptance by Workshop Co-Chairs
- September 8, 2006: Notification of paper acceptance to authors
- September 29, 2006: Camera-ready of accepted papers
- December 18, 2006: Workshop day

We look forward to your support in making 2006 IEEE Data Mining
workshops an exciting event.

Workshops Chair:

 * Shusaku Tsumoto, Shimane University, Japan
   E-mail: [email-masked]

Note: we will not have a separate workshop registration fee this year
(i.e., the conference registration covers everything).

For your information, the ICDM '06 conference will be co-located with
the IEEE/WIC/ACM International Joint Conference on Web Intelligence
(WI) and Intelligent Agent Technology (IAT) for providing synergism
among the three research areas. It will provide opportunities for
technical collaboration beyond that of previous conferences. The three
conferences will have a joint opening, keynote, reception, and
banquet. Attendees only need to register for one conference and can
attend workshops, sessions and tutorials across the three conferences.
We are also planning a joint panel and joint paper sessions that
discuss common problems in the three areas.