Subject: IEEE/WIC/ACM WI-IAT'06: Last Call for Workshop Proposals

From: "WI" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 16:51:00 +0900

[Apologies if you receive this more than once]

==============================================================
Call for Workshop Proposals

2006 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Joint
Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology
(WI-IAT'06)

Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, Hong Kong, China,
18-22 December 2006

http://www.comp.hkbu.edu.hk/~wii06

*******************************************************************
Workshop Proposals Due: 10 April 2006
All papers accepted for workshops will be included in the Workshop
Proceedings published by the IEEE Computer Society Press
===================================================================

The Program Committees of the 2006 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Joint
Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology
(WI-IAT'06) invite proposals for Workshops.  The Workshops will be
held at the beginning of the Conference, December 18, 2006 at Hong
Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.

The workshop organizers will be responsible for advertising the
workshop, forming the program committees, reviewing and selecting the
papers, and guaranteeing a high quality worthy of the prestige and
range of the Conference.  All papers accepted for workshops will be
included in the Workshop Proceedings published by the IEEE Computer Society
Press and will be available at the workshops.

The workshop organizers will also have the discretion of editing
selected papers (after their expansion and revision) into books or
special journal issues.  Workshops may be full-day or half-day. A
full-day workshop should select 20-25 regular papers, while a half-day
workshop should select 10-13 regular papers, from a large number of
submissions.  The workshop organizers should ensure the presence of
authors of accepted papers at the workshops.

I. Workshop Topics

Each workshop subject will focus on new research challenges and
initiatives in Web Intelligence (WI) and Intelligent Agent Technology
(IAT).  The workshops should provide an informal and vibrant forum for
researchers and industry practitioners to share their research results
and practical development experiences in these two fields.  Suggested,
but not limited to, workshop topics include:

- Intelligent E-Technology (including E-Science, E-Business,
              E-Learning, E-Finance, E-Government, E-Community)
- Intelligent Human-Web Interaction
- Knowledge Grids and Grid Intelligence
- Semantics and Ontology Engineering
- Social Networks and Social Intelligence
- Ubiquitous Computing
- Web Agents
- Web Information Filtering and Retrieval
- Web Mining and Forming
- Web Security, Integrity, Privacy and Trust
- Web Services and Grid Services
- Web Support Systems
- World Wide Wisdom Web (W4)
- Agent Systems Modeling and Methodology
- Autonomous Knowledge and Information Agents
- Autonomous Auctions and Negotiation
- Autonomy-Oriented Computing (AOC)
- Learning and Self-Adapting Agents
- Distributed Intelligence

II. Workshop Proposal Submission

Workshop proposals should include the following elements:

- Title of the workshop
- Your name, affiliation, mailing address and e-mail address
- A description of the topic of the workshop (not exceeding 200 words)
- Type of the workshop (full-day or half-day)
- A description of how the workshop will contribute to the field of
  Web Intelligence and/or Intelligent Agent Technology
- A short description on how the workshop will be advertised so as
  to ensure a sufficiently wide range of authors and high quality papers

After the acceptation of a workshop proposal the organizer(s) should:

- Create a "Call for papers/participation" for the workshop
- Create a Web page for the workshop, the link of which will be published
  on the Conference Web site
- Create a Board of Reviewers (Program Committee)
- Review and select papers
- Schedule the workshop activities

Those papers selected by a workshop organizer will also be reviewed by
the Workshop Co-Chairs for final acceptance.

All submitted papers will be reviewed on the basis of technical
quality, relevance, significance, and clarity.

We will provide an online paper submission and review system
to support the workshops.

III. Important Dates

- April 10, 2006: Workshop proposal submission due
    (Please send proposals by e-mail to all three Workshop Co-Chairs)
- April 20, 2006: Notification to workshop proposers
- April 30, 2006: Each workshop organizer sends out Call for Workshops
Papers
- July 30, 2006: Due date for full workshop papers submission
                 (at least two reviews for each paper)
- September 5, 2006: Final acceptance by Workshop Co-Chairs
- September 8, 2006: Notification of paper acceptance to authors
- September 29, 2006: Camera-ready of accepted papers
- December 18, 2006: Workshop day

We look forward to your support in making 2006 IEEE/WIC/ACM WI-IAT
workshops an exciting event.

Workshop Co-Chairs:

Cory J. Butz, University of Regina, Canada
              E-mail: [email-masked]
Ngoc Thanh Nguyen, Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland
              E-mail: [email-masked]
Yasufumi Takama, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Japan
              E-mail: [email-masked]

Note: we will not have a separate workshop registration fee this year
(i.e., only one conference registration covers everything).

For your information, the WI-IAT'06 conference will be co-located with
the IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM'06) for
providing synergism among the three research areas. It will provide
opportunities for technical collaboration beyond that of previous
conferences. The three conferences will have the joint opening,
keynote, reception, and banquet. Attendees only need to register one
conference and can attend sessions across the three conferences. We
are planning to have a joint panel and joint paper sessions that
discuss common problems in the three areas.