Subject: Bar BoF?

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 12:58:12 -0700

Anybody interested in holding a Bar BoF in Montreal? Possible topics:
   - What should happen with Errata?
   - Are other clarifications are needed? (e.g., ETags, i18n)
   - What new things are ready for work? (e.g., PATCH, POE,  
extensions of the caching model, cookie validation)
   - How does all of this get done and published?

--
Mark Nottingham
[email-masked]

---

From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 16:19:25 -0500

If there is a desire, Dublin ApacheCon end of June could also be a good
location for follow-on from discussions in Montreal, what do folks think?

Bill

Mark Nottingham wrote:
>   - What new things are ready for work? (e.g., PATCH, POE,  extensions 
> of the caching model, cookie validation)

---

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 14:55:30 -0700

I'll be there, and was thinking of having a BOF on a similar topic  
there too, but these would have to be *pre* montreal discussions  
given the dates :)

Lisa

---

From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 17:13:13 -0500

Lisa Dusseault wrote:
> there too, but these would have to be *pre* montreal discussions  given 
> the dates :)

K' I'll be at AC Dublin - let's make this happen, then percolate a report
for Montreal of discussions / proposals.

---

From: "Mark Baker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 00:22:07 +0100

I don't plan to attend the IETF meeting proper, but I'd drive down for
such a gathering.

---

From: "Robert Sayre" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 16:29:01 -0400

>    - What should happen with Errata?

Misunderstandings that would be corrected by the errata are starting
to get common and annoying, now that the net seems to have snapped out
of its SOAP-induced slumber. It seems to me that a rev at draft
standard is in order, incorporating changes from the errata only.

Opening the door to clarifications on ETags, i18n, and other things
seems like a rathole that should be fixed by Apache (and their
corporate contributors can participate in the ASF process). The IETF
should document when they're done.

-- 

Robert Sayre

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 22:40:58 +0100

Mark Nottingham wrote:

> Anybody interested in holding a Bar BoF in Montreal?

Yes.

> Possible topics:

+ HTTP Digest revision

---

From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 02:38:36 -0500

http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BirdsOfaFeatherEu06

I would be much happier with the later slots - e.g. 9pm - time enough for a
good meal - and need to know your choice of day because I'm going to track
something on the opposite day.

My ability to listen, speak, and take notes is a bit impared if anyone else
is a really really good recorder of the proceedings.

Bill

Lisa Dusseault wrote:
> 
> I'll be there, and was thinking of having a BOF on a similar topic there 
> too, but these would have to be *pre* montreal discussions given the 
> dates :)
> 
> Lisa
> 
>>> --Mark Nottingham

---

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:25:32 -0700

Thanks for the reminder.  I scheduled for 9pm on Wednesday, but it  
seems low-cost to shuffle things around at this point if there's any  
reason.

Lisa

---

From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 14:36:04 -0500

Lisa that's perfect.  It seems worthwhile to post an announce on this to
at least apache httpd and tomcat dev lists - shall I or would you like to?

Bill

Lisa Dusseault wrote:
> Thanks for the reminder.  I scheduled for 9pm on Wednesday, but it seems 
> low-cost to shuffle things around at this point if there's any reason.
> 
> Lisa
>