Subject: Re: Section 13

From: Henrik Nordstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 11:33:52 +0200

fre 2007-03-30 klockan 13:01 +1000 skrev Mark Nottingham:

> Would it be helpful to try to separate out the purely intermediary- 
> related material from section 13 to a more appropriate place (e.g.,  
> section 8, or a new section)? Or would this be opening Pandora's box?

I think so. 13.5.1 and 13.5.2 is quite oddly placed where they are
today.

I would propose moving them to section 4 as 4.6 & 4.7.

> (I ask not only because of the specific problem, but also to get a  
> sense of what people feel comfortable doing when we talk about  
> revising 2616.)

I am fine with moving some sections around, but like to avoid a large
scale renumbering unless needed..

Regards
Henrik

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:29:00 +1000

Now issue 60;
   http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/1.1/rfc2616bis/issues/#i60

On 30/03/2007, at 1:01 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:

>
> There's probably a whole conversation about what should and should  
> not be done to section 13 out there, but I have a specific question.
>
> 13.5.1 and 13.5.2 describe how proxies should handle headers, even  
> though it's in a section entitled "Caching in HTTP." People have a  
> hard time finding them.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Mark Nottingham       [email-masked]
>
>
>

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/