Subject: i28 proposed replacement text

From: Yves Lafon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:17:13 -0400 (EDT)

ref: http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/1.1/rfc2616bis/issues/#i28

In section 4.4 the current text is:
<<<
    2.If a Transfer-Encoding header field (section 14.41) is present and
      has any value other than "identity", then the transfer-length is
      defined by use of the "chunked" transfer-coding (section 3.6),
      unless the message is terminated by closing the connection.
Here is the porposed clarification text:
<<<
2: If a Transfer-Encoding header field (Section 14.41) is present, and
     has any value other than "identity", then the "chunked"
     transfer-coding is used, then the transfer-length is
     defined by use of the "chunked" transfer-coding (Section 3.6)
Even if any value other than "identity" implies that "chunked" MUST be 
here, it is less prone to interpretations.

The "unless the message is terminated by closing the connection" would 
mean that we are using Transfer-Encoding on an HTTP/1.0, and close the 
connection to signal the end, in that case, it is already covered by item 
5 with the caveat right after "For compatibility with HTTP/1.0 
applications..."

-- 
Baroula que barouleras, au tiéu toujou t'entourneras.

         ~~Yves