Subject: FYI: HTTP intermediary conformance

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 11:03:37 +1000

A while back, I did some testing of HTTP intermediary conformance  
using the Measurement Factory's excellent Co-Advisor tool <http:// 
coad.measurement-factory.com/>, with one purpose being to figure out  
what the least common denominator for HTTP conformance on the open  
Internet is.

I've made a writeup available at <http://www.mnot.net/blog/2007/06/20/ 
proxy_caching>. For a variety of legal reasons, I can't publish the  
full results, so this is of very limited value. However, it might be  
useful to mine for issues -- especially if we're going to talk about  
deprecating features.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/

---

From: "Justin Erenkrantz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 10:55:17 -0700

> useful to mine for issues -- especially if we're going to talk about

I know that httpd's mod_cache had some issues with max-age that were
only recently fixed up.  2.2.5 (next release) should include the bulk
of the fixes for max-age.  2.0.x had the first usable mod_cache, but
some substantial fixes are only in 2.2.x.

Is it possible for vendors (such as Apache) to get access to these
results?  Or, do you have to pay money in order to see the full
output?  I know that Measurement Factory filed some bugs early on
against mod_cache that I fixed, but I think we resolved most (if not
all) of them.

Thanks.  -- justin

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 09:06:32 +1000

Well, their pricing schedule is at <http://coad.measurement- 
factory.com/details.html#pricing>. Note the end: "Deep discounts for  
educational institutions and free online access for qualified open- 
source software projects are available."

Cheers,