Subject: NEW ISSUE: clarify "requested variant"

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 22:10:50 +0200

Hi.

The spec uses the term "requested variant" in several places (10.2.2 201 
Created, 10.2.5 204 No Content, 14.19 ETag, 14.25 If-Modified-Since, 
14.28 If-Unmodified-Since). It's quite clear what it means in the 
context of HEAD/GET, somewhat clear for PUT, but not clear at all for 
other methods.

We really need to clarify this, potentially choosing a different term.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 20:20:29 -0700

Now i69;
   http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/1.1/rfc2616bis/issues/#i69

On 13/07/2007, at 1:10 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:

>
> Hi.
>
> The spec uses the term "requested variant" in several places  
> (10.2.2 201 Created, 10.2.5 204 No Content, 14.19 ETag, 14.25 If- 
> Modified-Since, 14.28 If-Unmodified-Since). It's quite clear what  
> it means in the context of HEAD/GET, somewhat clear for PUT, but  
> not clear at all for other methods.
>

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/