Subject: Re: [RFC] HTTP Information Request

From: Stefanos Harhalakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 15:10:43 +0300

On Thursday 21 June 2007, Larry Masinter wrote:
> This proposal seems to fall into the same trap that most proposed
> HTTP extensions fall into: there's no motivation to deploy this
> in clients because most servers don't support it, and no motivation
> to deploy this in servers, because most clients don't support it.

Hello again after a long time...

I'm writting this email just to let you know that I'm convinced (based on all 
of your comments) that:

* Content negotiation is not a good idea (tm) and most probably won't be 
implemented.
* Timezone information should not be transfered because of the overhead that 
introduces.

So I'll let the timezone draft to expire and will not submit the content 
negotiation draft.

Thank you all for your time and your comments! 

Best regards,
Harhalakis Stefanos