Subject: Warnings

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 13:40:09 +1000

Does anyone know of a UA or other client that actually uses /  
displays the Warning header?

Or of any proxy or other server that produces them?

I've only come across them rarely, and considering how complex they  
are, sometimes wonder if they should be deprecated, or at least  
simplified (if that's possible without breaking existing uses).

Oh, and I suppose that if we're documenting extensibility, we'll need  
some way of extending the warn-codes; presumably, an IANA registry.

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/

---

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 20:48:14 -0700

For an updated PATCH draft that should be posting in a couple of days, I
have considered using two new warn-codes to indicate when a Prefer
header is ignored or applied.  I am, however, reconsidering that in
favor of using some new response header.  I'm not aware of any
implementation that makes any real use of Warning headers tho I have
come across them in the wild before.

- James

Mark Nottingham wrote:
> 
> Does anyone know of a UA or other client that actually uses / displays
> the Warning header?
> 
> I've only come across them rarely, and considering how complex they are,
> sometimes wonder if they should be deprecated, or at least simplified
> (if that's possible without breaking existing uses).
>