Subject: Re: Status, Vancouver

From: "Justin Erenkrantz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 17:04:21 -0700

On Sep 29, 2007 3:10 PM, Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]> wrote:
> We may or may not have a WG by Vancouver; Alexey and I are going to
> request a second BoF then in case it isn't quite done.

As a matter of logistics, do we have any idea when we would have a BoF?

I may try to make it to Vancouver - the chances are better for me if
its towards the end of the week (ie Dec 5-7) as I'll just be returning
from Asia on Sunday and will be massively jet-lagged.  =)

Since I have not gone to an IETF meeting before, do we have to pay to
attend a BoF or WG session?

Thanks.  -- justin

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 14:19:34 +1000

I would love to be able to tell you when it would be, but the final  
schedule won't be available until November 12th; however, the  
preliminary agenda should be available on October 26th.

See <http://www3.ietf.org/meetings/70-cutoff_dates.html> for more  
information about dates.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 10:22:55 +0200

Mark Nottingham wrote:
> 
> FYI, from <http://www.ietf.org/IESG/agenda.html>:
> 
>> 4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
>>
>> Area  Date
>>
>> APP  Sep 25
>> HyperText Transport Protocol Bis (httpbis) - 1 of 1
>>
>> Token:  Lisa
> 

AFAIK, the proposed charter has been on last week's IESG agenda again. 
Does anybody know what the outcome was?

(Keep in mind that for some of us, it will be really hard to attend a 
meeting without sufficient planning time.)

Best regards, Julian

---

From: "Justin Erenkrantz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 13:34:21 -0700

> meeting without sufficient planning time.)

It looks like the WG got approved, but I don't see the WG on the
meeting agenda yet.  I can't make it for the entire week, but I can
try to be there for a specific day as long as I know fairly soon what
day that needs to be.

Thanks.  -- justin

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 12:56:01 +1000

I've made a request, hopefully we'll know very soon.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham       [email-masked]

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:43:04 +0200

> I've made a request, hopefully we'll know very soon.

Looking at <https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/70/agenda.html>, so far 
only four meetings in the Applications Area have been scheduled in total 
-- maybe thus it would be a good idea to actually ask for *two* meeting 
slots? That would allow us to get more work done; and also it may make 
the whole meeting more attractive to attend for people mainly interested 
in the Applications Area.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:22:05 +1000

It's certainly an option; there are a number of issues to discuss, as  
long as people show up. I'll make the request.

Cheers,

On 25/10/2007, at 7:43 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Looking at <https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/70/agenda.html>,  
> so far only four meetings in the Applications Area have been  
> scheduled in total -- maybe thus it would be a good idea to  
> actually ask for *two* meeting slots? That would allow us to get  
> more work done; and also it may make the whole meeting more  
> attractive to attend for people mainly interested in the  
> Applications Area.
>
> Best regards, Julian
>