Subject: Re: Preliminary agenda up

From: Robert Sayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:00:29 +0000

> See <http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/agenda/httpbis.txt>.
> Feedback welcome.

Before the partitioning discussion begins, I think we should make time  
for a few straw polls.

* Who has read *all* of RFC 2616 and errata?
* Who has read *all* of draft-lafon-rfc2616bis-04.txt?
* repeat for each of Roy's drafts

- Rob

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:21:28 -0800

>> * Who has read *all* of draft-lafon-rfc2616bis-04.txt?

I don't see this as terribly relevant to the partitioning discussion;  
draft-lafon has the same structure as RFC2616.

> * repeat for each of Roy's drafts

There are now diffs from 2616 (as well as draft-lafon-00) available at:
   http://labs.apache.org/webarch/http/draft-fielding-http/diff/

This makes it much easier to talk about the structural changes  
without reading the documents line-for-line.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Robert Sayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 04:26:04 +0000

> without reading the documents line-for-line.

There is little value in discussing editorial issues with people who  
haven't read the documents in question. If such matters are on the  
agenda, the preparedness of the attendees is valuable information.  
Your response also elided the question concerning 2616. I don't think  
many people in the IETF have read the whole thing.

- Rob