Subject: Re: [i16] Remove 'identity' token references

From: "Roy T. Fielding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 19:47:28 -0700

The last part of the proposed solution for [i16] should be

<section title="No Content-Transfer-Encoding" anchor="no.content- 
transfer-encoding">
<t>
-   HTTP does not use the Content-Transfer-Encoding (CTE) field of RFC
+   HTTP does not use the Content-Transfer-Encoding field of RFC
     2045. Proxies and gateways from MIME-compliant protocols to HTTP  
&MUST;
-   remove any non-identity CTE ("quoted-printable" or "base64")  
encoding
+   remove any Content-Transfer-Encoding
     prior to delivering the response message to an HTTP client.
</t>

because there is absolutely no reason to abbreviate the field name
when it is only used twice in the entire document.

....Roy

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:42:18 +1100

Issue updated.

On 03/11/2007, at 1:47 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

>     2045. Proxies and gateways from MIME-compliant protocols to  
> HTTP &MUST;

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/