Subject: moving forward with partitioned drafts

From: "Roy T. Fielding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:50:45 -0800

At the IETF meetings on Monday and Tuesday, there was a clear
consensus of those present to adopt the partitioned drafts as
the way forward with myself, Julian, and Yves as editors of
the set.  The plan is to move the editing materials and
issue manager to the IETF tools, upload a subversion dump of
what I did on apache.org, submit WG-00 drafts based
on the partitioned 2616 (without significant changes other
than the move into parts), and then shortly thereafter submit
WG-01 drafts containing the changes associated with all of
the resolved issues.  This will allow people to track both
the per-issue changes (via subversion) and the per-draft
changes vs the RFC.

If you have an objection to this plan, then now would be a
good time to air it on the list.  Otherwise, we will assume that
the on-list consensus matches the in-room consensus.

Cheers,

Roy T. Fielding                            <http://roy.gbiv.com/>
Chief Scientist, Day Software              <http://www.day.com/>