Subject: http over sctp?

From: Adrian Chadd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:30:42 +0900

Hi,

Has anyone looked into HTTP over SCTP at all?

Thanks,

Adrian

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 14:50:15 +1100

It's been discussed on and off for some time; it recently came up in  
the course of the pipelining discussions.

See also:
   http://www2006.org/programme/files/xhtml/2035/2035-natarajan-xhtml/2035-natarajan-xhtml.html
   http://www.cis.udel.edu/~nataraja/research.html
   http://www.cis.udel.edu/~amer/PEL/poc/pdf/BickhartMSthesis.pdf

Personally, I'd love to see an RFC (experimental?) detailing how to  
use HTTP with SCTP. While it wouldn't be in the charter of the HTTPBIS  
WG, it doesn't mean folks couldn't work on it here and solicit  
reviews, etc.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/