Subject: [ietf-http-wg] <none>

From: "Robert Brewer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 12:44:07 -0700

http://www3.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/browser/draft-ietf-httpbis/02
/draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics-02.txt says:

    8.6.  PUT
    The PUT method requests that the enclosed entity be stored under the
    supplied Request-URI.

RFC2616 says the same. I've run into several people now who thought
"under" implied "at a subpath of the Request-URI" (yes, even though the
following text clearly contradicts that). To reduce confusion, can we
change "under" to "at"?

Robert Brewer
[email-masked]

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 15:52:15 +0200

> following text clearly contradicts that). To reduce confusion, can we

Sounds good to me.

BR, Julian

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 09:17:23 +1000

I think this is editorial; Julian, can you create?

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 18:40:29 +0200

> I think this is editorial; Julian, can you create?

Created as <http://www3.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/112>.

I'll go ahead and make that change ("under" -> "at") soon.

BR, Julian