Subject: HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:42:07 +0200

Hi,

this draft is already past last call (see 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery/>), 
but somehow I have the feeling it hasn't been reviewed properly by the 
HTTP community.

For instance, 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-08#section-11.1> 
says:

> 11.1. HTTPS Example Messages
> 
> 
>    The examples in this section show a complete HTTPS message that
>    includes the HELD request or response document.
> 
>    This example shows the most basic request for a LO.  This uses the
>    GET feature described by the HTTP binding.  This example assumes that
>    the LIS service exists at the URL "https://lis.example.com/location".
> 
> 
>          GET heldrefs://lis.example.com:49152/location HTTP/1.1
>          Accept:application/held+xml,
>              application/xml;q=0.8,
>              text/xml;q=0.7
>          Accept-Charset: UTF-8,*

This is either totally wrong, or phrased in a confusing way.

It would be great if somebody with both geopriv and http background 
could review this before it's too late...

BR, HJU

---

From: "Frank Ellermann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:23:50 +0200

Julian Reschke wrote:
 
> somehow I have the feeling it hasn't been reviewed
> properly by the HTTP community.

Possibly, I looked at it as part of the URI review: 
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.uri-review/188>

No idea what the outcome was, as there was no reply.

 Frank