Subject: Re: Proposal: i67 - quoting charsets

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 08:50:01 +0200

Julian Reschke wrote:
> 
> ...this issue has now been resolved as proposed (see 
> <http://www3.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/changeset/251>).
> 
> BR, Julian

In <http://www3.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/67> correctly 
points out that the change we made talks about parameters, not parameter 
values, and also proposes text that looks much clearer to me, changing:

"All parameters defined as a token are also allowed to occur as 
quoted-string; both notations are equivalent."

to

"A parameter value that matches the token production may be transmitted 
as either a token or within a quoted-string. The quoted and unquoted 
values are equivalent."

I have already applied it in 
<http://www3.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/changeset/297>. Please speak 
up if there's a problem with it I'm missing.

BR, Julian