Subject: Review of Content Transformation Guidelines Last Call?

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 18:30:29 +0200

Dear HTTPBis Working Group,

The W3C Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group has been developing a
set of guidelines for Content Transformation proxies (i.e. non
transparent HTTP proxies) to address some of the needs identified in
particular on mobile networks.

These guidelines have just been published as a Last Call Working Draft:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-ct-guidelines-20080801/

The Last Call review period extends until September 16, and we would be
grateful if your group could review the document, in particular its
HTTP-related aspects.

Should that period prove too short for your group to review it, please
let us know so that we determine a possible extension of the review
period as needed.

Thanks,

Dominique Hazael-Massieux, Staff Contact of the Mobile Web Best
Practices Working Group

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 23:27:45 +1000

Would anyone like to volunteer to provide feedback on this  
specification? We don't really have a formal way to provide reviews as  
a WG, but the expertise here is relevant, and mobile is one of the  
areas we'd like to see use of HTTP improve.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/

---

From: "Mark Baker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 10:00:53 -0400

Oops, I should have CCd my last message to public-ietf-w3c here too.

I already provided some feedback;

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/2008JulSep/0089.html

Mark.

On 8/13/08, Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>  Would anyone like to volunteer to provide feedback on this specification?
> We don't really have a formal way to provide reviews as a WG, but the
> expertise here is relevant, and mobile is one of the areas we'd like to see
> use of HTTP improve.
>
>  Cheers,
>
>
>

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:20:34 +1000

I've submitted some additional thoughts at <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/2008JulSep/0136.html 
 >.

On 14/08/2008, at 12:00 AM, Mark Baker wrote:

>> specification?

---

From: "Alan Dean" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 06:36:22 +0100

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I have only recently joined this list.

Is there a home site for the working group so that I can get
up-to-speed with the objectives, activities to date, and so on? Like
WHATWG has at http://www.whatwg.org/ perhaps?

Regards,
Alan Dean

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 5:20 AM, Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I've submitted some additional thoughts at
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/2008JulSep/0136.html>.
>
>

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:02:21 +1000

Hi Alan,

Welcome. Take a look around:
   http://tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/

Especially the issues list and the charter.

Cheers,

On 29/08/2008, at 3:36 PM, Alan Dean wrote:

>> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/2008JulSep/0136.html 
>> >.
>>
>>
>>>> expertise here is relevant, and mobile is one of the areas we'd  
>>>> like to
>>>> see
>>>> use of HTTP improve.
>>>>
>>>> Cheers,
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>