Subject: Closing #77: Line folding

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 20:09:04 +1000

The editors believe that issue #77 has been addressed in the latest  
-06 drafts.

Specifically, line folding of headers has been deprecated. Proposed  
text:

> Historically, HTTP header field values could be extended over  
> multiple lines by preceding each extra line with at least one space  
> or horizontal tab character (line folding). This specification  
> deprecates such line folding except within the message/http media  
> type (Section 9.3.1). HTTP/1.1 senders MUST NOT produce messages  
> that include line folding (i.e., that contain any field-content that  
> matches the obs-fold rule) unless the message is intended for  
> packaging within the message/http media type. HTTP/1.1 recipients  
> SHOULD accept line folding and replace any embedded obs-fold  
> whitespace with a single SP prior to interpreting the field value or  
> forwarding the message downstream.

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/