Subject: Statuscodes

From: Stefan Tilkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 08:34:38 -0700 (PDT)

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics-06#section-8 says
"Each Status-Code is described below, _including a description of which
method(s)_ it can follow and any metainformation required in the response."
but doesn't actually name the methods.

Stefan
--
Stefan Tilkov, http://www.innoq.com/blog/st/
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Statuscodes-tp23448293p23448293.html
Sent from the w3.org - ietf-http-wg mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 18:19:11 +0200

Stefan Tilkov wrote:
> ...

Wishful thinking, I guess :-)

See <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/164>.

That being said, it's not clear to me that this is even feasible or a 
good idea.

BR, Julian

---

From: David Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 09:39:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 8 May 2009, Julian Reschke wrote:

> That being said, it's not clear to me that this is even feasible or a good 
> idea.

Seems like you can fix this by removing the "_including ... methods(s)_"
phrase. Or saying 'examples of'. I think the right place for any 
information correlating status codes with methods in a normative was is
with the method description, not the status code.

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 18:19:30 +0200

> with the method description, not the status code.

Fixed by removing that part of the sentence. See 
<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/changeset/579>.

BR, Julian