Subject: Re: httpbis-p6-cache-06 and no-store response directive

From: Henrik Nordstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 09:00:38 +0200

mån 2009-06-29 klockan 12:43 +1200 skrev Adrien de Croy:

> Actually this highlights some problems in the structure of 13.1.1
> Cache Correctness.

That section no longer exists at all. Was removed as it apparently needs
a complete rewrite.

http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p6-cache-latest.html

But I don't see how that is relevant to no-store. Replies with no-store
isn't even allowed to enter the cache in the first place, and things
which aren't in the cache can not be validated per the HTTP model.

Regards
Henrik

---

From: David Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 21:20:35 -0700 (PDT)

> which aren't in the cache can not be validated per the HTTP model.

Reflecting on the original intent I recall for 'no-store', it meant can't 
be stored in a persisent memory cache ... e.g., written to disk. It was 
not intented to mean no-cache to the extent that a user agent might have 
in memory cache which under other rules would still require revalidation.