Subject: [draft-nottingham-http-link-header-06] anchor link-param?

From: "Anne van Kesteren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 16:09:30 +0200

What exactly is this anchor link-param? What is the effect of 

  Link: </bar>; rel=stylesheet; anchor=</foo>

?

Also, what is the use case?

-- 
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 00:49:59 +0200

> Also, what is the use case?

Apparently, this was inherited from 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2068#section-19.6.2.4>.

seems to equivalent to

   Link: </foo>; rel=stylesheet

and

   Link: </bar>; rel=stylesheet; anchor=<#foo>

would be equivalent to

   Link: </bar#foo>; rel=stylesheet

So I'm not sure whether it makes sense to keep anchor (unless it's used 
in practice somewhere?)

BR, Julian

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:26:05 +0200

>   Link: </foo>; rel=stylesheet

Note to myself: incorrect.

when returned for <http://example.com/test>, would define a link 
relation between <http://example.com/foo> and <http://example.com/bar>, 
so the reference in the anchor is resolved against the source resource's 
URI, not the link target.

The use case for just a fragment identifier is obvious, that being said 
an example might be helpful here...

BR, Julian