Subject: FW: New Version Notification for draft-natarajan-http-over-sctp-02

From: "Preethi Natarajan (prenatar)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 15:15:16 -0400

Hello all,

A new version of the draft specifying HTTP over SCTP has been uploaded. 

This version is still tentative and we've attempted to incorporate most
of the relevant discussions since the previous version. Your suggestions
and comments are most welcome, especially on Section 4 -- "Open Issues".
The preferred venue for discussions would be the HTTPbis WG mailing
list.

You can find a copy of the draft here --
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-natarajan-http-over-sctp-02.tx
t

Thanks,
Preethi

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 11:16 AM
To: Preethi Natarajan (prenatar)
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Fred Baker (fred)
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-natarajan-http-over-sctp-02 

A new version of I-D, draft-natarajan-http-over-sctp-02.txt has been
successfuly submitted by Preethi Natarajan and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-natarajan-http-over-sctp
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Using SCTP as a Transport Layer Protocol for HTTP
Creation_date:	 2009-07-09
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 13

Abstract:
Hyper-Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP) [RFC2616] requires a reliable
transport for end-to-end communication.  While historically TCP has been
used for this purpose, this document proposes an alternative -- the
Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) [RFC4960].  Similar to TCP,
SCTP offers a reliable end-to-end transport connection to applications.
Additionally, SCTP offers innovative services unavailable in TCP.  This
draft (i) specifies HTTP over SCTP's multistreaming service, (ii) lists
open issues warranting more discussion and/or investigation, and (iii)
shares some lessons learned from implementing HTTP over SCTP.  Finally,
this document highlights SCTP services that better match HTTP's needs
than TCP.

The IETF Secretariat.