Subject: Re: DanC's Web Addresses draft (was: Comments on the HTTP Sec-From Header (draft-abarth-origin))

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:17:57 -0700

Ian wrote:
 >
 > You probably want to just refer to DanC's Web Addresses draft...

Is this what you mean..

   An Introduction to Multilingual Web Addresses
   http://www.w3.org/International/articles/idn-and-iri/

?

thanks,

=JeffH

---

From: Ian Hickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 22:06:09 +0000 (UTC)

>   http://www.w3.org/International/articles/idn-and-iri/

I think it's this one:

   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/href/draft-ietf.html

...but I'm not sure what the status of that is. Dan? Is there an ETA on 
this draft? (In particular, is something referencable going to exist by 
October? I'm trying to work out what I should do in HTML5, which depends 
on this algorithm and is hopefully going to LC in October.)

-- 
Ian Hickson               U+1047E                )\._.,--....,'``.    fL
http://ln.hixie.ch/       U+263A                /,   _.. \   _\  ;`._ ,.
Things that are impossible just take longer.   `._.-(,_..'--(,_..'`-.;.'

---

From: Dan Connolly <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:56:01 -0500

On Mon, 2009-07-13 at 22:06 +0000, Ian Hickson wrote:
> this draft?

Larry submitted something to the IETF today (details attached).

He directed discussion to [email-masked], FYI.

I think mine is obsolete mine in favor of his; I'll add
a forwarding pointer when I find a few spare minutes.

>  (In particular, is something referencable going to exist by 
> October?

I think that's a reasonable timeframe. Some parts of this draft-06
are a little rough... and I think there isn't an active WG,
so this will need a 4 week last call rather than 2 weeks...
but I don't see any major obstacles. Larry? Martin, do you have
any more schedule info than I do?

>  I'm trying to work out what I should do in HTML5, which depends 

-- 
Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/
gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E

Subject: FW: New Version Notification for draft-duerst-iri-bis-06
From: Larry Masinter <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:45:39 -0700
List-Id: <public-html.w3.org>

This version attempts to integrate the "web address"
concept (called Hypertext Reference or HREF) into the
main IRI specification.  The text has gone through sufficient
transformations that I don't have confidence in its
accuracy, but at least it indicates to me that the
many specs are mergable.

I wound up making relatively minor changes to the 
introductory text as well.

Comments/discussion =>    [email-masked]

(other mailing lists bcc'd)

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 8:13 AM
To: Larry Masinter
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-duerst-iri-bis-06 

A new version of I-D, draft-duerst-iri-bis-06.txt has been successfuly submitted by Larry Masinter and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-duerst-iri-bis
Revision:	 06
Title:		 Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs)
Creation_date:	 2009-07-12
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 53

Abstract:
This document defines a new protocol element, the Internationalized
Resource Identifier (IRI), as an extension of the Uniform Resource
Identifier (URI).  An IRI is a sequence of characters from the
Universal Character Set (Unicode/ISO 10646).  A mapping from IRIs to
URIs is defined, which provides a means for IRIs to be used instead
of URIs, where appropriate, to identify resources.

To accomodate widespread current practice, additional derivative
protocol elements are defined, and current practice for resolving
IRI-based hypertext references in HTML are outlined.

The approach of defining new protocol elements, rather than updating
or extending the definition of URI, was chosen to allow independent
orderly transitions as appropriate: other protocols and languages
that use URIs and their processing may explicitly choose to allow
IRIs or derivative forms.

Guidelines are provided for the use and deployment of IRIs and
related protocol elements when revising protocols, formats, and
software components that currently deal only with URIs.

[RFC Editor: Please remove this paragraph before publication.]  This
is a draft to update RFC 3987 and move towards IETF Draft Standard.
For an issues list/change log and additional information (including
mailing list information), please see
http://www.w3.org/International/iri-edit.  For discussion and
comments on this draft, please use the [email-masked] mailing
list.

The IETF Secretariat.

---

From: Larry Masinter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 10:32:49 -0700

There's a "Bar Bof" at the IETF meeting July 30, 7:30 pm.

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/BarBofs/IETF75/IriIssues

In any case

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-duerst-iri-bis 

is a link good enough to reference. Comments -> [email-masked]