Subject: Instance Digests in HTTP (RFC3230)

From: Anthony Bryan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 02:27:35 -0400

I'd like to update the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Digest
Algorithm Values registry [1] created by RFC3230.

Current values are MD5, SHA, UNIXsum, UNIXcksum.

I'd like to add SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, and SHA-512.
My metalinkhttp ID [2] lists these in the IANA considerations section.

I'd also like to find out about current support of Instance Digests on
the client & server side.

Should I keep these registrations in the metalinkhttp ID, or separate
them [attached]? They're not specifically tied to metalinkhttp.

Other questions...
Current registry: MD5 lists both RFC1521 and RFC20456 for base64
encoding. Should this draft update it to refer to just one?

Current registry: SHA link ( http://csrc.nist.gov/fips/fip180-1.txt )
is no longer valid. Should this draft update it?

If we update SHA in the registry, should this draft refer to SHS or RFC3174?

-- 
(( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]
  )) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads

[1] http://www.iana.org/assignments/http-dig-alg/http-dig-alg.xhtml
[2] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bryan-metalinkhttp