Subject: Final question on the topic of CL

From: Nathan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 21:13:03 +0000

Hi,

Final question, if you GET w/ a 200 OK response, and the 
Content-Location differs from the effective request URI, does that mean 
that representation is the one and only representation available, at 
that instant, if you dereferenced the URI given by the Content-Location?

I'd previously assumed yes, now I'm thinking server driven negotiation 
on that second resource (the C-L specified one) or Auth (thanks Eric) 
means the answer is no.

Best,

Nathan

---

From: Benjamin Niven-Jenkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 21:21:58 +0000

Nathan,

The answer is no.

Ben

On 21 Jan 2011, at 21:13, Nathan wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> Final question, if you GET w/ a 200 OK response, and the Content-Location differs from the effective request URI, does that mean that representation is the one and only representation available, at that instant, if you dereferenced the URI given by the Content-Location?
> 
> I'd previously assumed yes, now I'm thinking server driven negotiation on that second resource (the C-L specified one) or Auth (thanks Eric) means the answer is no.
> 
> Best,
> 
> Nathan
>