Subject: Fwd: [http-state] Protocol Action: 'HTTP State Management Mechanism' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-23.txt)

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 16:54:57 +0100

(FYI)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [http-state] Protocol Action: 'HTTP State Management 
Mechanism' to	Proposed	Standard (draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-23.txt)
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 07:16:00 -0800
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
CC: httpstate mailing list <[email-masked]>,	Internet Architecture 
Board <[email-masked]>,	httpstate chair <[email-masked]>, 
RFC Editor <[email-masked]>

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'HTTP State Management Mechanism'
   (draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-23.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the HTTP State Management Mechanism
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Peter Saint-Andre and Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie/

Technical Summary

    This document defines the HTTP Cookie and Set-Cookie
    header fields. These header fields can be used by HTTP
    servers to store state (called cookies) at HTTP user agents,
    letting the servers maintain a stateful session over the mostly
    stateless HTTP protocol.  Although cookies have many historical
    infelicities that degrade their security and privacy, the Cookie and
    Set-Cookie header fields are widely used on the Internet.

    This document obsoletes RFC 2965.

Working Group Summary

    There is strong consensus in the working group to publish this
    document. Among those currently active in the working group there
    is a wide consensus behind the document. No objections have been
    raised regarding this version of the document.

Document Quality

    This document defines the HTTP Cookie and Set-Cookie HTTP
    header fields as they are presently utilized on the Internet. As a
    result, there are already many implementations of this specification.
    The author has coordinated with significant browser developers to
    help ensure that their implementations are consistent with the
    specification. The document has undergone extensive review, and
    the Document Shepherd and the Responsible Area Director have
    no concerns with this document.

Personnel

    The Document Shepherd is Jeff Hodges.  The Responsible Area
    Director is Peter Saint-Andre.
_______________________________________________
http-state mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/http-state