Subject: Implementation experience feeding into http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-nottingham-http-pipeline-01.txt?

From: Mike Belshe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 11:49:35 -0700

Hi Mark -

I'm wondering if any implementation data fed into this draft?

Thanks,
Mike

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 16:29:01 +0200

Hi Mike,

I've been talking with Patrick McManus from Mozilla about it fairly often, and they're working on pipelining pretty aggressively. 

See:
  https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=603503 <-- [meta] tracking bug
  https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=603506 <-- Blacklisting Origin Servers
  https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=603505 <-- Discovering Faulty Proxies
  https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=597684 <-- Correlating Responses
  https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=602518 <-- Hinting for XHR

They're having good results so far; e.g., this is a visualisation of a pcap that Patrick sent to me (reproduced with permission):

I see this draft as very much a living document (and still quite a young one). If you have any suggestions, data, feedback, etc. it's more than welcome. 

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 22:24:22 +0200

P.S. Patrick is giving an overview of what they've done in the HTTPbis session on Thursday.

Cheers,