Subject: Fwd: I-D Action:draft-thomson-hybi-http-timeout-00.txt

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 11:14:01 +0100

(FYI)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-thomson-hybi-http-timeout-00.txt
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 15:15:01 -0800
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title           : Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Timeouts
	Author(s)       : M. Thomson, et al.
	Filename        : draft-thomson-hybi-http-timeout-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-03-06

A Request-Timeout header is defined for Hypertext Transfer Protocol
(HTTP).  This end-to-end header informs an origin server and any
intermediaries of the maximum time that a client will await a
response to its request.  A server can use this header to ensure that
a timely response is generated.  This also identifies requests as
being potentially long-lived, and allows for better resource
allocation for these requests.

A Connection-Timeout header is defined for HTTP.  This hop-by-hop
header informs the entity at the other end of a connection of the
maximum time that an idle connection is kept open.  This header
improves reliability by providing better information about the idle
connection management policy of HTTP hosts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thomson-hybi-http-timeout-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.