Subject: Fwd: RFC 6202 on Known Issues and Best Practices for the Use of Long Polling and Streaming in Bidirectional HTTP

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 10:58:34 +0200

(FYI)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RFC 6202 on Known Issues and Best Practices for the Use of 
Long	Polling and Streaming in Bidirectional HTTP
Date: Tue,  5 Apr 2011 17:33:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 6202

         Title:      Known Issues and Best Practices
                     for the Use of Long Polling
                     and Streaming in Bidirectional HTTP
         Author:     S. Loreto, P. Saint-Andre,
                     S. Salsano, G. Wilkins
         Status:     Informational
         Stream:     IETF
         Date:       April 2011
         Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                     [email-masked],
                     [email-masked],  [email-masked]
         Pages:      19
         Characters: 44724
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

         I-D Tag:    draft-loreto-http-bidirectional-07.txt

         URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6202.txt

On today's Internet, the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is often
used (some would say abused) to enable asynchronous, "server-
initiated" communication from a server to a client as well as
communication from a client to a server.  This document describes
known issues and best practices related to such "bidirectional HTTP"
applications, focusing on the two most common mechanisms: HTTP long
polling and HTTP streaming.  This document is not an Internet
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational
purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
   http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
   http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce