Subject: Re: Content-Disposition status

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 20:19:50 +0200

On 2011-05-27 13:41, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> 1) draft-ietf-httpbis-content-disposition is now close to publication,
> with editorial fixes being applied; I'm tracking the changes at
> <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-content-disp-latest-from-previous.diff.html>.

Published as RFC 6266 -- "pretty" version at 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc6266.html>.

> 2) The spec recommends a fallback strategy for UAs that do not support
> the RFC 5987 encoding; this didn't work in Firefox 4 (as it picked
> "filename" rather than "filename*", see
> <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=588781>) but will work in
> Firefox 5 (which just want to beta).

Firefox 5 was released today.

This means that I18Nized filenames now can be sent without UA sniffing, 
if it's ok for you to ignore Safari (which still doesn't have 
RFC2231/5987 support).

See <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc6266.html#rfc.section.D> for 
the full story.

> 3) The test cases at <http://greenbytes.de/tech/tc2231/> have been
> augmented with parsing results based on a regexp-based parser embedded
> into the XSLT that generates the page; this is work-in-progress and
> currently only covers the generic syntax and not yet the RFC2231/5987
> encoding used in "filename*".

In the meantime I also added code that decodes the 2231/5987-encoded 
parameters.

Best regards, Julian