Subject: New version of Memento I-D

From: Herbert van de Sompel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 19:38:37 +0200

Hi all,

A new version of the Memento I-D is now available at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vandesompel-memento/ . Major changes
are:

(*) Temporary removal of a proposed approach to support batch discovery of
Mementos. This is the result of discussions with members of the
International Internet Preservation Consortium that resulted in the decision
to jointly work in the coming months on:
- The definition and implementation of a scalable, cross web archive
approach to support batch discovery of Mementos;
- The implementation and demonstration of a Memento-compliant TimeGate
service that will support persistent access to prior resource versions
irrespective of the web archive they reside in.

(*)  Addition of information about the behavior for TimeGates that redirect
to other TimeGates.

(*) Clarification on the behavior of a TimeGate that returns a HTTP 406
status code when the client expresses both a datetime and an interval
indicator in the Accept-Datetime header.

As always, feedback is very much appreciated.

Greetings

Herbert Van de Sompel

-- 
Herbert Van de Sompel
Digital Library Research & Prototyping
Los Alamos National Laboratory, Research Library
http://public.lanl.gov/herbertv/

==