Subject: motivate 6.3 product tokens

From: Dale Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 22:31:06 -0700

Hello sirs, I thought it might be useful to add motivation on part one
section 6.3

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-15#section-6.3

For example, "to assist in automatic detection of the applications' version
levels." That was my thoughts after a few reads.

Respectfully,

Dale Anderson

---

From: Dale Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 22:49:36 -0700

Perhaps that part is clear enough, after reads number ten or a dozen or so.
I was just came to it puzzling about user-agent headers like this one my
FireFox browser sends.

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2.18)
Gecko/20110628 Ubuntu/10.04 (lucid) Firefox/3.6.18

I suppose it makes sense this basically conforms to searching for the
Mozilla/version, the Gecko/version, the Ubunto/version, the Firefox/version

Just thinking out loud I guess, thanks for all the great work revising these
documents!

Dale

2011/8/3 Dale Anderson <[email-masked]>