Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 11:15:02 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : HTTP/1.1, part 1: URIs, Connections, and Message Parsing

    Author(s)     : R. Fielding, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-16.txt
    Pages         : 97
    Date          : 2011-08-24
    
   The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is an application-level
   protocol for distributed, collaborative, hypertext information
   systems.  HTTP has been in use by the World Wide Web global
   information initiative since 1990.  This document is Part 1 of the
   seven-part specification that defines the protocol referred to as
   "HTTP/1.1" and, taken together, obsoletes RFC 2616 and moves it to
   historic status, along with its predecessor RFC 2068.

   Part 1 provides an overview of HTTP and its associated terminology,
   defines the "http" and "https" Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
   schemes, defines the generic message syntax and parsing requirements
   for HTTP message frames, and describes general security concerns for
   implementations.

   This part also obsoletes RFCs 2145 (on HTTP version numbers) and 2817
   (on using CONNECT for TLS upgrades) and moves them to historic
   status.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-16.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.