Subject: Re: Fwd: IESG Statement on Designating RFCs as Historic [#254]

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 18:35:44 +0200

On 2011-06-29 05:39, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> FYI. Our drafts state that they will obsolete 2145 and 2616, so we need to decide if we want to explicitly move them to Historic. We also have ticket #254, "move RFC 2817 to Historic status"<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/254>, so I'll add these to that ticket.
>
> Cheers,

OK, proposed patch: 
<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/attachment/ticket/254/254.diff>

...which will turn the Abstract for P1 to:

Abstract

    The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is an application-level
    protocol for distributed, collaborative, hypertext information
    systems.  HTTP has been in use by the World Wide Web global
    information initiative since 1990.  This document is Part 1 of the
    seven-part specification that defines the protocol referred to as
    "HTTP/1.1" and, taken together, obsoletes RFC 2616 and moves it to
    historic status, along with its predecessor RFC 2068.

    Part 1 provides an overview of HTTP and its associated terminology,
    defines the "http" and "https" Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
    schemes, defines the generic message syntax and parsing requirements
    for HTTP message frames, and describes general security concerns for
    implementations.

    This part also obsoletes RFCs 2145 (on HTTP version numbers) and 2817
    (on using CONNECT for TLS upgrades) and moves them to historic
    status.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 13:40:55 -0700

Works for me.

On 03/08/2011, at 9:35 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> OK, proposed patch: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/attachment/ticket/254/254.diff>
> 

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 10:38:45 +0200

On 2011-08-03 22:40, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> ...

Applied with <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/changeset/1377>.

Best regards, Julian