Subject: Re: [#95] Multiple Content-Lengths

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 10:58:37 +0200

On 2010-10-13 22:57, William Chan (陈智昌) wrote:
> First bug report wrt to this change:
> http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=59077.  Indeed, this
> is a duplicate Content-Length (not mismatching).
> ...

So it seems that due this type of bug reports, Chrome loosened the check 
to allow multiple instances when the values are identical (which is 
explicitly allowed in HTTPbis per the resolution of #95).

Furthermore, Firefox 7 is now doing similar checks, but adds more header 
fields (Location, Content-Disposition), and also has started to be picky 
about certain field values (such as C-L with a broken integer).

This is good. I'd like to thank the implementers that they were willing 
to "break" a few pages and deal with the bug reports, in order to make 
this improvement!

Best regards, Julian

---

From: William Chan (陈智昌) <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 14:44:22 -0700

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 1:58 AM, Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>wrote:

>> http://code.google.com/p/**chromium/issues/detail?id=**59077<http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=59077>.
>>  Indeed, this
> So it seems that due this type of bug reports, Chrome loosened the check to
> allow multiple instances when the values are identical (which is explicitly
> allowed in HTTPbis per the resolution of #95).
>

Can you explain this checks in more detail so I can see if we want to add
them to Chrome? Or better yet, file a bug report at new.crbug.com.

>
> This is good. I'd like to thank the implementers that they were willing to
> "break" a few pages and deal with the bug reports, in order to make this
> improvement!
>

Also note http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=71802.
HughesNet seems to be injecting bogus CONTENT-LENGTH strings in the
response. I believe I've heard of this happening at least 3 times, all with
HughesNet.