Subject: issue 11: URI includes query

From: Dmitry Kurochkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 19:23:33 +0400

Hello.

Issue 11 "URI includes query" [1] does not seem to be fully fixed.  The
issue fixes missing query part in request-target BNF.  But it is also
missing in HTTPbis part 1 section 4.1:

   A non-transforming proxy MUST NOT rewrite the "path-absolute" part of
   the received request-target when forwarding it to the next inbound
   server, except as noted above to replace a null path-absolute with
   "/" or "*".

This MUST should forbid changing both path-absolute and query parts of
the request-target.

I am not sure if issue 11 should be reopened or a new issue created for
this one.

Regards,
  Dmitry

[1] http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/11

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 17:02:39 +0100

> [1] http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/11

Indeed; thanks for paying attention!

A simple fix appears to replace

   "path-absolute" part

by

   "path-absolute" and "query" parts

Feedback appreciated,

Julian

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 10:29:31 -0600

Seems reasonable. I've created <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/324> to track.

--
Mark Nottingham
http://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 17:38:08 +0100

On 2011-11-11 17:29, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> Seems reasonable. I've created<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/324>  to track.
> ...

We probably should check whether there are other similar instances in 
the spec, in which case adding a new ABNF production might be better...

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 18:57:23 +0100

> Seems reasonable. I've created<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/324>  to track.

Applied with <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/changeset/1479>.

Best regards, Julian