Subject: #274: Warn-code registry

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:33:50 +1100

<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/274>

I think we have two options here:

1) establish a warn-code registry
2) disallow definition of further warn-codes (i.e., deprecate extensibility here)

Thoughts? 

Regards,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Amos Jeffries <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 18:55:08 +1300

> 2) disallow definition of further warn-codes (i.e., deprecate extensibility here)

I think registry. It is doubtful that the existing set encompasses all 
the future needs.

AYJ

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 09:41:24 +0100

> 2) disallow definition of further warn-codes (i.e., deprecate extensibility here)

We haven't seen any serious attempt to define a new warn code yet. 
(there was one misguided attempt, as far as I recall).

I +0 on deprecating; but one could also argue that it's bad enough not 
to add extensibility, but not bad enough for deprecation.

If, at some point in the future, a really good use case for a new Warn 
code comes up, we still can define a registry. But that's a big "if".

Best regards, Julian