Subject: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-reschke-rfc5987bis-04.txt

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 18:18:34 +0100

Hi.

See:

HTML version: 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-rfc5987bis-04.html>

Issues list: 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-rfc5987bis-issues.html>

Diff from RFC 5987: 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-rfc5987bis-latest-rfc5987.diff.html>

This draft addresses the two comments brought up by James with respect 
to the syntax (essentially explaining that these decisions have been 
made when RFC 2231 was written, and we're not changing things due to 
backwards compatibility).

The remaining issue for now is whether to change the dependency from RFC 
2616 to HTTPbis:

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-rfc5987bis-latest.html#rfc.issue.httpbis>

My current thinking is that, yes, we should switch the dependency, and 
ship this spec back-to-back with HTTPbis...

Best regards, Julian

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-reschke-rfc5987bis-04.txt
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 09:13:23 -0800
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title           : Indicating Character Encoding and Language for HTTP 
Header Field Parameters
	Author(s)       : Julian F. Reschke
	Filename        : draft-reschke-rfc5987bis-04.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2011-12-18

    By default, message header field parameters in Hypertext Transfer
    Protocol (HTTP) messages cannot carry characters outside the ISO-
    8859-1 character set.  RFC 2231 defines an encoding mechanism for use
    in Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) headers.  This
    document specifies an encoding suitable for use in HTTP header fields
    that is compatible with a profile of the encoding defined in RFC
    2231.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reschke-rfc5987bis-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reschke-rfc5987bis-04.txt

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt