Subject: Data Protection at IETF83 [HTTP2.0 SPDY]

From: Henry Story <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 00:31:47 +0200

There was an excellent talk today at IETF83 meeting in Paris on data integrity
I am not sure of the lawyer's name but here is a picture found on twitter.

   http://instagr.am/p/IwxJJQvhf6/

He mentioned that the directive made it a legal requirement to make the use
of cookies transparent to the users. In the questions and answers session I
mentioned work by Mozilla that showed how this could be done. You can find
the blog post by Azza Raskin where he developed this here:

   http://www.azarask.in/blog/post/identity-in-the-browser-firefox/

He was working on a more cookie oriented approach, but this would also work very
well for TLS, and there is an issue open for this on Google Chrome for example
  
   http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=29784

It is good to see that the legislation is now providing an extra incentive to
for browser vendors to provide good clean transparent user interfaces.

  Henry

PS. posting this here, as this is relevant to SPDY discussions

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 22:36:25 +0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Henry Story [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:32 PM
> To: [email-masked] Group
> Subject: Data Protection at IETF83 [HTTP2.0 SPDY]
> 
> There was an excellent talk today at IETF83 meeting in Paris on data
> integrity I am not sure of the lawyer's name but here is a picture
> found on twitter.
> 

Check the minutes and meeting materials from the SAAG meeting, since that's the session in which you were sitting.

-MSK