Subject: New Version Notification for draft-tarreau-httpbis-network-friendly-00.txt

From: Willy Tarreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 00:30:44 +0200

Hi,

As previously discussed with some of the WG participants, Amos, Adrien,
Poul-Henning and I have been working on a proposal mainly focused on
optimizing the transport right now since this is one of our concerns
as intermediary authors.

I've just uploaded the first draft. I'm not used to the IETF tools yet
(first post) and it looks like it will not automatically land in the WG's
IDs. Here's the URL :

   http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-tarreau-httpbis-network-friendly-00.txt

Regards,
Willy

> A new version of I-D, draft-tarreau-httpbis-network-friendly-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Willy Tarreau and posted to the IETF repository.
> 
> Filename:	 draft-tarreau-httpbis-network-friendly
> Revision:	 00
> Title:		 Proposal for a Network-Friendly HTTP Upgrade
> Creation date:	 2012-03-29
> WG ID:		 Individual Submission
> Number of pages: 23
> 
> Abstract:
>    This document proposes an upgrade to HTTP messaging which aims at
>    being faster, more robust and more friendly to mobile networks than
>    the current version, while retaining the same semantics and offering
>    a high enough compatibility level to make it possible to implement
>    highly efficient gateways between existing implementations and this
>    presently described version, thus offering a smooth upgrade path for
>    legacy applications.

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 00:51:24 +0200

>     http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-tarreau-httpbis-network-friendly-00.txt

Thanks! It's great to see more proposals.

Regarding ID mechanics: drafts are either WG drafts (none of the 
proposals are), or not. Those that carry "httpbis" in the draft name 
should eventually show up on

   http://tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/

but this one doesn't yet; this might be a timing problem. Nothing to 
worry about.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Willy Tarreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 01:12:58 +0200

Hi Julian,

> Thanks! It's great to see more proposals.

Yes I too think so, it should give people ideas which should lead to
better designs in the end.

> but this one doesn't yet; this might be a timing problem. Nothing to 

OK, thank you for this precious information.

Best regards,
Willy