Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-19.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:06:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : HTTP/1.1, part 1: URIs, Connections, and Message Parsing
	Author(s)       : Roy T. Fielding
                          Yves Lafon
                          Julian F. Reschke
	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-19.txt
	Pages           : 92
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is an application-level
   protocol for distributed, collaborative, hypertext information
   systems.  HTTP has been in use by the World Wide Web global
   information initiative since 1990.  This document is Part 1 of the
   seven-part specification that defines the protocol referred to as
   "HTTP/1.1" and, taken together, obsoletes RFC 2616 and moves it to
   historic status, along with its predecessor RFC 2068.

   Part 1 provides an overview of HTTP and its associated terminology,
   defines the "http" and "https" Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
   schemes, defines the generic message syntax and parsing requirements
   for HTTP message frames, and describes general security concerns for
   implementations.

   This part also obsoletes RFCs 2145 (on HTTP version numbers) and 2817
   (on using CONNECT for TLS upgrades) and moves them to historic
   status.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-19.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-19.txt