Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-pettersen-cache-context-06.txt

From: "Yngve N. Pettersen (Developer Opera Software ASA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 14:01:48 +0100

FYI

<http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-pettersen-cache-context-06.txt>

------- Forwarded message -------
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc:
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-pettersen-cache-context-06.txt
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 13:48:39 +0100

A new version of I-D, draft-pettersen-cache-context-06.txt has been
successfully submitted by Yngve N. Pettersen and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-pettersen-cache-context
Revision:	 06
Title:		 A context mechanism for controlling caching of HTTP responses
Creation date:	 2012-03-06
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 18

Abstract:
     A common problem for sensitive web services is informing the client,
     in a reliable fashion, when a password protected resource is no
     longer valid because the user is logged out of the service.  This is,
     in particular, considered a potential security problem by some
     sensitive services, such as online banking, when the user navigates
     the client&#39;s history list, which is supposed to display the  
resource
     as it was when it was loaded, not as it is the time the user
     navigates to it.

     This document presents a method for collecting such sensitive
     resources into a group, called a &quot;Cache Context&quot;, which
permits the
     server to invalidate all the resources belonging in the group either
     by direct action, or according to some expiration policy.  The
     context can be configured to invalidate not just the resources, but
     also specific cookies, HTTP authentication credentials and HTTP over
     TLS session information.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
Sincerely,
Yngve N. Pettersen
********************************************************************
Senior Developer		     Email: [email-masked]
Opera Software ASA                   http://www.opera.com/
Phone:  +47 23 69 32 60              Fax:    +47 23 69 24 01
********************************************************************