Subject: Fwd: Document Action: 'The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Status Code 308 (Permanent Redirect)' to Experimental RFC (draft-reschke-http-status-308-07.txt)

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 09:52:59 +0200

FYI.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Document Action: 'The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
Status Code 308 (Permanent Redirect)' to Experimental RFC
(draft-reschke-http-status-308-07.txt)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 00:50:54 -0700
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
CC: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Status Code 308 (Permanent
   Redirect)'
  (draft-reschke-http-status-308-07.txt) as an Experimental RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Peter Saint-Andre.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-reschke-http-status-308/

Technical Summary
    This document specifies the additional HyperText Transfer Protocol
    (HTTP) Status Code 308 (Permanent Redirect). This fills in a missing
    piece of HTTP redirect behavior by allowing for a permanent redirect
    that is guaranteed to not have a POST method changed to a GET.

Working Group Summary
    This document is not the product of a working group, however it has
    been discussed on the HTTP mailing list where ongoing HTTPbis work
    is carried out.

Document Quality
    This document has been discussed and reviewed on the HTTP mailing
    list (<[email-masked]>) mailing list. Informal last calls were
    carried out on that mailing list as well as the IETF Apps Discuss
    list (<[email-masked]>). This specification simply registers
    a new HTTP status code that is a variant of existing well-defined
    codes, and as such is straightforward.

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 10:52:26 +0200

On 2012-03-26 09:52, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> ...

Thanks, Peter.

Now with the spec for status code done, we may want to address issue 
#312 again, by pointing to that spec.

Proposal: 
<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/attachment/ticket/312/312.2.diff>

Best regards, Julian