Subject: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-reschke-basicauth-enc-05.txt

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 23:05:49 +0100

FYI - this draft addresses two more issues; as far as I can tell, only 
editorial ones are left.

HTML version with feedback links: 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-basicauth-enc-05.html>

Best regards, Julian

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-reschke-basicauth-enc-05.txt
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 14:56:05 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title           : An Encoding Parameter for HTTP Basic Authentication
	Author(s)       : Julian F. Reschke
	Filename        : draft-reschke-basicauth-enc-05.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-03-11

    The "Basic" authentication scheme defined in RFC 2617 does not
    properly define how to treat non-ASCII characters.  This has lead to
    a situation where user agent implementations disagree, and servers
    make different assumptions based on the locales they are running in.
    There is little interoperability for the non-ASCII characters in the
    ISO-8859-1 character set, and even less interoperability for any
    characters beyond that.

    This document defines a backwards-compatible extension to "Basic",
    specifying the server's character encoding expectation, using a new
    authentication scheme parameter.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reschke-basicauth-enc-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reschke-basicauth-enc-05.txt

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt