Subject: httpbis-method-registrations

From: "William A. Rowe Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 12:50:15 -0500

Reviewing http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-method-registrations-07
I noted that the Appendix A is missing the normative list of RFC-2616 original
methods.  These are certainly in-scope, per the Introduction, no?

Seems most odd to me, can this be addressed if there is a push for -08?

Yours,

Bill

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 19:52:56 +0200

On 2012-06-07 19:50, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> ...

Those will be registered through 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics-19.html#method.registration>; 
this draft is only for the non-base ones...

Best regards, Julian

---

From: "William A. Rowe Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 13:11:13 -0500

> this draft is only for the non-base ones...

Understood.  The introduction states;

1. Introduction

   This document registers those Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
   methods which have been defined in standards-track RFCs before the
   IANA HTTP Method Registry was established.

Clearly the original RFC 2616 methods conform to that statement; can this
please be clarified in the introduction?

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 21:07:02 +0200

> please be clarified in the introduction?

Fixed by adding "...other than [draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics] ...".

Best regards, Julian