Subject: Fwd: web+: enabling websites to expose services with custom URI schemes to registerProtocolHandler.

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 12:01:30 -0600

FYI. Please post to the public-ietf-w3 list if you have feedback:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ietf-w3c/

mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe

Peter

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: web+: enabling websites to expose services with custom URI
schemes  to registerProtocolHandler.
Resent-Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 17:33:59 +0000
Resent-From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 10:33:41 -0700
From: Philippe Le Hegaret <[email-masked]>
Organization: World Wide Web Consortium
To: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>, Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked]

Following the morning discussion, here are the links to the web+
definition:

http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/system-state-and-capabilities.html#custom-handlers
  look for the item on scheme (registerProtocolHandler() only)

http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/iana.html#web-scheme-prefix
  Note that the Working Group is about to decide that this section needs
rewrite because it must not look like an IANA registration.

I also suggest to look at the rational section of a change proposal
related to this:
 http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/User:Eoconnor/ISSUE-189#Rationale

Philippe