Subject: WGLC method-registrations comment

From: "Martin Nilsson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:37:03 +0100

I think it would be helpful if there were clear references to the  
definitions of the terms "Safe" and "Idempotent"  
(draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics 5.2.1 and 5.2.2), in appendix A or the  
introduction.

/Martin Nilsson

-- 
Using Opera's revolutionary email client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:48:18 +0100

> (draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics 5.2.1 and 5.2.2), in appendix A or the

Hmm.

Helpful to whom? After all, this document is of purely administrative 
nature (fill the registry). All that's relevant here should be that the 
instructions to IANA are correct, and that the contents of the 
registration table is correct.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: "Martin Nilsson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 15:52:49 +0100

> registration table is correct.

Helpful to any reader that isn't well familiar with the contents of  
draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics when they stumble upon this document, be  
it through a search hit or a WGLC message. But it's not a big deal. They  
can do what I did: search the document for more occurrences of "safe" and  
then start searching through the references.

/Martin Nilsson