Subject: From header

From: Nathan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 10:04:51 +0000

Hi All,

I'm looking to use a URI in the From header. Do you have any guidance as 
to whether:

- it's advisable? (I note the SHOULD doesn't preclude)
- anything may "break" if I do?
- it would be possible to have the value for From updated in the spec to 
be mailbox or URI, rather than just mailbox.

Cheers,

Nathan

---

From: Jonathan Ballard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 08:52:28 -0800

URI works for path headers. It would be nice to have those consolidate
to User-Agent: URI.

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 18:06:54 +0100

> be mailbox or URI, rather than just mailbox.

It has a tiny potential to break recipients.

What are you trying to do? Maybe a Link header field would address this?

Best regards, Julian