Subject: HTTP Request+Response issues

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 09:58:37 -0700

Reading through the current draft, unless I missed it, it needs to be
clarified that HTTP request and responses MUST be sent within the same
stream unless we specifically want to allow responses to be sent in a
different stream than the request.

For instance:

Request:
  Stream-ID: 1
  :method: get

Response:  (server uses the same stream)
  Stream-ID: 1
  :status: 200

OR...

Request:
  Stream-ID: 1
  :method: get

Response: (server uses a different stream)
  Stream-ID: 2
  :status: 200

Currently, it appears that this is an unspoken assumption in the spec
text that needs to be called out explicitly. Or, if it's already
there, it needs to be made more visible.

- James

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 11:02:30 -0700

I think that this is right.  You ultimately have to reach the
conclusion that responses are in the same stream as the request, but
that should be express, not implied.

James, can you create an editorial issue in the github repo?  We (the
editors) will get to it when we can.

---

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 11:15:20 -0700

Done. Now: https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/69