Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 15:32:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Hypertext Transfer Protocol version 2.0
	Author(s)       : Mike Belshe
                          Roberto Peon
                          Martin Thomson
                          Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-03.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2013-05-29

Abstract:
   This specification describes an optimized expression of the syntax of
   the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP).  The HTTP/2.0 encapsulation
   enables more efficient use of network resources and reduced
   perception of latency by allowing header field compression and
   multiple concurrent messages on the same connection.  It also
   introduces unsolicited push of representations from servers to
   clients.

   This document is an alternative to, but does not obsolete the
   HTTP/1.1 message format or protocol.  HTTP's existing semantics
   remain unchanged.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-http2

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 15:41:18 -0700

Changes in -03 track discussion in the working group.  Plus lots of
editorial updates.

Perhaps the largest change in substance - as opposed to word count -
is the change from NPN to ALPN.

Header compression isn't ready yet, but there are some changes in
preparation for that: header continuations, notes about connection
compression state, a new compression error code.

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 09:51:16 +1000

Thanks, Martin.

Everyone, please have a good read of this prior to the F2F, so we're talking about the same thing.

Regards,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/