Subject: Fwd: Summer of Code project

From: Gábor Molnár <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 09:40:23 +0200

Hello,

back in March, I asked on this list [1] if it would be feasible to
implement HTTP/2 as a summer project. Since then, I got accepted in the
GSoC program and I work on the prototype for a week now. My mentoring
organization is Mozilla, and my mentor is Nick Hurley. The code can be
found on GitHub [2].

I plan to write short status update blog posts every week to let anyone
interested stay up to date with the project status. I just published the
first update on my blog [3].

I am very excited to be able to work on this and hope to provide valuable
feedback on the standard as it evolves!

  Gábor

[1]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2013JanMar/1228.html
[2]: https://github.com/molnarg/node-http2
[3]: http://gabor.molnar.es/blog/2013/06/23/gsoc-week-number-1/

---

From: William Chan (陈智昌) <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 14:02:19 -0700

Great to hear you're working on this!

I missed your earlier announcement, but have you considered building on top
of https://github.com/indutny/node-spdy instead of starting from scratch?
Up to you guys. Might save some time, but then again, it might also help to
have a new clean room impl to help discuss implementation experience.

Looking forward to hearing more as you make progress.

---

From: Gábor Molnár <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 00:13:05 +0200

Thanks for the suggestion! What I've been doing so far is reading through
the relevant node-spdy source code, and then writing new code instead of
copying. I try to learn from the existing codebase but retain the freedom
to reorganize code when needed (and to simplify things - code readability
is more important than performance in this implementation). Node-spdy is
definitely a very good base and I will use it where possible (but most of
the time probably not directly with code copying).

2013/6/24 William Chan (陈智昌) <[email-masked]>

> I missed your earlier announcement, but have you considered building on
> top of https://github.com/indutny/node-spdy instead of starting from
> scratch? Up to you guys. Might save some time, but then again, it might
> also help to have a new clean room impl to help discuss implementation
> experience.
>
>> [1]:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2013JanMar/1228.html