Subject: END_STREAM on PUSH_PROMISE

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 14:32:09 -0700

Just going through things... in the current HEAD, we say that
PUSH_PROMISE can contain a END_PUSH_PROMISE for use with
continuations. No other flags are defined. Do we need END_STREAM on
PUSH_PROMISE?

There are two approaches if we want to send a stream that has no
actual DATA, but includes a HEADERS and a PUSH_PROMISE.

1. We send a HEADERS then a PUSH_PROMISE with END_STREAM set... or

2. We send a HEADERS, a PUSH_PROMISE, and an empty DATA with length 0
and END_STREAM set.

Either approach works, it just needs to be clear.

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 15:35:57 -0700

> 2. We send a HEADERS, a PUSH_PROMISE, and an empty DATA with length 0

This one is enough for those cases.

---

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 15:39:45 -0700

Ok, making a note of that... we might need to make that explicitly
clear at some point.