Subject: duplicate parameters

From: R S <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 14:55:51 -0700

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/wiki/HeaderFieldTypes

That discussion looks old, but this issue came up for me recently.

It seems some clients errantly send multiple "boundary" parameters in
multipart requests. Apache Commons and Rails can deal with this by choosing
the last boundary value, while Netty doesn't currently handle it.

The WG might want to address this since it seems to be required for
interoperability.

- Rob

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 08:36:58 +0200

> That discussion looks old, but this issue came up for me recently.

Edits and actionable feedback welcome.

> multipart requests. Apache Commons and Rails can deal with this by

Which? How often? Have bug reports been filed?

> choosing the last boundary value, while Netty doesn't currently handle it.
>

Any evidence it's "required"?

Anyway, this isn't about "multipart/byteranges", right?

Best regards, Julian