Subject: WINDOW_UPDATE Clarification

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 10:47:36 -0700

If I receive a WINDOW_UPDATE referencing a new stream ID (one that
hasn't been opened or reserved) ... do I ignore it or treat it as a
PROTOCOL_ERROR?

---

From: Gábor Molnár <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 19:51:49 +0200

PROTOCOL_ERROR. See this ticket:
https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/165

2013/7/9 James M Snell <[email-masked]>

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 12:37:12 -0700

> https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/165

That was my understanding.  It would be bad if senders were obligated
to maintain state for streams that aren't in use.  This keeps the
total state commitment semi-bounded, though push promise does offer a
limited avenue for abuse.