Subject: [#168] After TLS is finished

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 10:32:57 -0700

Patrick rightly points out that the current text prohibits
optimizations like false start:

--
3.5
" client sends the client connection
header immediately upon receipt of a 101 Switching Protocols response
(indicating a successful upgrade), or after receiving a TLS Finished
message from the server. "

as written that prohibits TLS optimizations like False Start from
being used - I'm sure that's not the intention of the text.

I suggest "or as the first Application Data bytes of a TLS connection."

--
I'm going to fix this right away.  I don't know if people are planning
to do false start for the interop test, but I expect that this change
will match what people will be doing anyway.  I don't think that
anyone has implemented such a lame restriction.

That is, this should just be a text change to match the implied
reality.  Let me know if that is a problem and I can back out the
change.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 14:02:34 +0100

> optimizations like false start:
+1.