Subject: Compression update

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 13:36:56 -0700

The header compression draft has been revised and aside from some
clarifications, it includes a changed eviction algorithm.

Are the working group comfortable - particularly those who are
implementing this for the Hamburg interim - with the revised
algorithm?

Also, I'd like opinions on whether -05 should be issued to refer to
this draft, or whether we can get by with -04.  I really want to avoid
any confusion over what string we are negotiating if it comes to ALPN,
NPN or Upgrade negotiation.  Currently, that string is
"HTTP-draft-04/2.0", updating to -05 would likely require that people
negotiate "HTTP-draft-05/2.0".

---

From: Amos Jeffries <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 14:57:32 +1200

> negotiate "HTTP-draft-05/2.0".

IMHO doing so would be a Good Thing. It gives the Hamburg 
implementations a run for their money on the draft-specific detection 
and handling code. Which will be important to have working interoperable 
as much as any other part of the spec.

Amos

---

From: RUELLAN Herve <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 16:09:03 +0000

Yes, the eviction algorithm needed some clarification. I went for the proposal which had the most support on the mailing list.

Hervé.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Martin Thomson [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: mercredi 10 juillet 2013 22:37
> To: HTTP Working Group
> Subject: Compression update
> 
> implementing this for the Hamburg interim - with the revised algorithm?
> 
> Also, I'd like opinions on whether -05 should be issued to refer to this draft,
> or whether we can get by with -04.  I really want to avoid any confusion over
> what string we are negotiating if it comes to ALPN, NPN or Upgrade
> negotiation.  Currently, that string is "HTTP-draft-04/2.0", updating to -05
> would likely require that people negotiate "HTTP-draft-05/2.0".