Subject: Continuation Frames in draft -04

From: Jeff Pinner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 07:14:13 -0700

Clarifications From Hamburg:

Continued HEADERS and PUSH_PROMISE frames MUST contained the same flags as
the initial frame with identical values.

I.e., if you send a HEADERS frame with the PRIORITY bit set, then all
CONTINUED frames must have the PRIORITY bit set AND MUST contain the same
value for priority.

As a note, a frame MUST NOT have a END_STREAM without a END_HEADERS flag --
this is to say a continued frame MAY have an additional flag (END_STREAM)
that the rest do not.

- Jeff

---

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 07:43:41 -0700

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 7:14 AM, Jeff Pinner <[email-masked]> wrote:
> [snip]

... with the obvious exception given to the END_HEADERS and
END_PUSH_PROMISE flags.

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 15:46:15 +0200

> ... with the obvious exception given to the END_HEADERS and

I think that we will need an END_CONTINUATION flag, as well as
END_STREAM.  What is removed is the PRIORITY flag.