Subject: END_PUSH_PROMISE

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 11:51:00 -0700

Alexey was a little coy about raising this issue.  -05 has
END_PUSH_PROMISE as 0x1, whereas END_HEADERS and END_CONTINUATION are
both 0x4.

I've changed END_PUSH_PROMISE to be 0x4 on the grounds that
consistency is easy to attain at this stage and there is no other
reason for this to be 0x1 other than that being the least significant
bit.

Scream if this causes you some sort of pain.  I'll revert the change
and we can discuss.

(We still haven't resolved the issue whereby a continued PUSH_PROMISE
can end the stream it's associated with, I've just added an editors
note to the draft on that point.)

---

From: David Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 13:46:39 -0700 (PDT)

+1 ... meant to ask about that possibility (1 END bit). If this were ages
ago in time, I'd vote for 0x1 as the common bit, but that seems likely
to be more disruptive than useful.

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 13:54:18 -0700

On 21 August 2013 13:46, David Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
> If this were ages

Understood.  As it stands, we have something of a hierarchy of END
bits: stream, message, frame.  Noting of course that END_MESSAGE is
just a placeholder for the moment.