Subject: HTTP/2 stream state Reserved can only go to Half-Closed

From: William Chan (陈智昌) <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 10:49:08 -0800

I was just reviewing our SPDY code refactoring to more closely model
HTTP/2 streams when I thought about this. Other than simplicity (which
is indeed a fine reason), is there any reason we don't allow push
streams to start open rather than half-closed, at least within the
stream layer? I understand HTTP may not have this use case, but it
seems conceivable to me that a server could want to initiate a
bidirectional stream.

Just a thought. Cheers.

---

From: Jeff Pinner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 10:54:00 -0800

Is there any need to? If a server wants to open a bi-directional stream it
can just open a new stream.

---

From: William Chan (陈智昌) <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 10:55:29 -0800

Ah, I knew I was missing something. Derf. Thanks.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 10:54 AM, Jeff Pinner <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 10:49 AM, William Chan (陈智昌) <[email-masked]>
> wrote:
>>