Subject: Document Action: 'Initial Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Method Registrations' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-httpbis-method-registrations-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 07:12:16 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Initial Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Method Registrations'
  (draft-ietf-httpbis-method-registrations-15.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Barry Leiba and Pete Resnick.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-method-registrations/

Technical Summary

This document registers those Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) methods which
have been defined in standards-track RFCs before the IANA HTTP Method Registry
was established.

Note that this document is part of a set, which should be reviewed together:

* draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging
* draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics
* draft-ietf-httpbis-p4-conditional
* draft-ietf-httpbis-p5-range
* draft-ietf-httpbis-p6-cache
* draft-ietf-httpbis-p7-auth
* draft-ietf-httpbis-method-registrations
* draft-ietf-httpbis-authscheme-registrations

Review and Consensus

As chartered, this work was very constrained; the WG sought only to clarify
RFC2616, making significant technical changes only where there were
considerably interoperability or security issues. 

While the bulk of the work was done by a core team of editors, it has been
reviewed by a substantial number of implementers, and design issues enjoyed
input from many of them. 

It has been through Working Group Last Call, with multiple reviewers. We have
also discussed this work with external groups (e.g., the W3C TAG).

Personnel

Document Shepherd: Mark Nottingham 
Responsible Area Director: Barry Leiba