Subject: Re: WebSocket over HTTP/2.0

From: Yutaka Hirano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 17:46:33 +0900

I've rewritten the Protocol Negotiation part (Section 3 and Section 4.2.1).
It now uses Alt-Svc instead of SETTINGS_SUPPORTED_SCHEMES.

https://github.com/yutakahirano/ws-over-http2/blob/master/draft-hirano-websocket-over-http2.txt

Comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 4:34 AM, Takeshi Yoshino <[email-masked]> wrote:

> BTW, introduction of the SETTINGS_SUPPORTED_SCHEMES parameter for the
> SETTINGS frame in the proposal could be discussed separately from the
> framing discussion. It seems Mark's Alt-Svc I-D also has similar proposal
> called SETTINGS_UNIVERSAL_SCHEMES [1] though in a different context.
>
> [1]
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-httpbis-alt-svc-03#section-3.4
>

---

From: Yutaka Hirano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 20:53:29 +0900

> It now uses Alt-Svc instead of SETTINGS_SUPPORTED_SCHEMES.

Note that the protocol negotiation and the opening handshake parts are
shared among both
WS-over-HTTP/2 drafts (tunneling and message mapping).
Since the protocol negotiation would have a greater impact on other specs
(http/2, alt-svc, etc),
I would like to discuss it earlier than the data framing, to find problems
in time for the deadlines of such specs.

Thanks,

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 5:46 PM, Yutaka Hirano <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 4:34 AM, Takeshi Yoshino <[email-masked]>wrote:
>