Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 21:54:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Hypertext Transfer Protocol version 2
        Authors         : Mike Belshe
                          Roberto Peon
                          Martin Thomson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-12.txt
	Pages           : 80
	Date            : 2014-04-23

Abstract:
   This specification describes an optimized expression of the syntax of
   the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP).  HTTP/2 enables a more
   efficient use of network resources and a reduced perception of
   latency by introducing header field compression and allowing multiple
   concurrent messages on the same connection.  It also introduces
   unsolicited push of representations from servers to clients.

   This document is an alternative to, but does not obsolete, the
   HTTP/1.1 message syntax.  HTTP's existing semantics remain unchanged.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-http2/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 22:03:10 -0700

Three substantive changes here folks:

* priority is now a weighted tree
* added the BLOCKED frame
* added per-frame gzip

These are largely new features.  We get to decide whether to keep them
based on whether they are implemented, interoperable and liked.  But
there was enough interest to warrant inclusion.

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 08:44:58 +1000

Thanks, Martin.

Let's go ahead and call this (along with HPACK 07 and ALTSVC 01) our fourth implementation draft. This is what we'll test for interop in New York.

If you have an implementation that you believe conforms to these, please update our listing:
  https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/wiki/Implementations

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/