Subject: HTTP status code for transaction incomplete???

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 16:53:37 -0400

Hi,

I am writing a Web Service that usually completes a transaction but
sometimes is unable to complete a transaction and will return a
pending result.

There does not seem to be a HTTP code for this which seems rather odd.

This does not seem like a 200 code to me because the transaction has
not completed yet. It certainly does not seem like a 400 though
because the transaction might well succeed without any additional
effort.

So it seems like a 300 code but none of the existing ones seems to fit.

Ideas?

---

From: Alek Storm <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 13:59:09 -0700

Consider 202 Accepted:
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html#sec10.2.3

Alek

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 1:53 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]
> wrote: