Subject: HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/2 investigation document

From: Cory Benfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 07:40:56 +0100

All,

Yesterday I sat down and did some exploratory coding to compare my
HTTP/2 client implementation against the Python standard library's
HTTP/1.1 implementation. I published the rough results of this
investigation[1], and Daniel Stenberg mentioned that he found it
interesting but did not agree with all of my conclusions.

With that in mind, I'd like to solicit feedback from the WG. If you
have time (and are interested), I'd love to hear your thoughts. In
particular, I'd like to know which of my conclusions you disagree with
and why.

Some quick notes on the investigation:

- The notebook represents my investigation exactly as I did it, I
didn't go back to revise anything once I'd written it.
- The original intended audience was the Python community, not the
HTTP/2 WG, so I don't explain the Python but I do explain the HTTP/2.

If you have any feedback you want to provide but don't believe it's
appropriate for the WG list, I'm happy to take the discussion
off-list.

Thanks,

Cory

[1]: http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/Lukasa/notebooks/blob/master/hyper_investigation.ipynb