Subject: Working Group Last Call: RFC7238bis

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 17:30:43 +1000

Everyone,

As discussed in Toronto and then on-list, we want to upgrade the 308 status code definition from Experimental to Standards-Track. After discussing our options with the AD, it turns out the best way to do this is to re-publish (which Julian has done), do a WGLC on it and progress the document.

Therefore, this is the announcement of WGLC for: 
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc7238bis-00

Note that this is a straight copy of RFC7238:
  http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc7238bis-00.txt

Please review the document carefully, and comment on this list.

WGLC will end on 12 September.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Brian Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 01:21:39 -0700

> Please review the document carefully, and comment on this list.

It is not a straight copy of RFC7238. For example, it contains the
statement "This specification contains no technical changes from the
experimental RFC 7238, which it obsoletes."

It would be good to see a diff from RFC7238 to this draft, to see what
other changes there are.

Cheers,
Brian

---

From: Matthew Kerwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 18:54:13 +1000

> It would be good to see a diff from RFC7238 to this draft, to see what
​Is that not precisely what the quoted link is? Apart from pagination.

https://gist.github.com/phluid61/de2eb744346c76d6814f

-- 
  Matthew Kerwin
  http://matthew.kerwin.net.au/

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 19:22:17 +1000

Brian,

I sent the link of the diff from the RFC to contextualise the phrase “straight copy.” 

Kind regards,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 16:49:04 +0200

On 2014-08-28 09:30, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> ...

...another minor editorial change we might or might not need is to 
rephrase the IANA considerations back to refer to a future action ("The 
existing registration for status code 308 shall be updated to ..." 
instead of "...has been added...").

Best regards, Julian