Subject: http2-14

From: Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 09:27:15 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

I have read the http2-14 draft. Though I can accept historical reasons,
I would point out something.

1) SETTINGS_MAX_FRAME_SIZE should be SETTINGS_MAX_PAYLOAD_LENGTH.

   - Frame associates with both header and payload.
   - The name of frame header field is length, not size.

2) The origin of SETTINGS is 0x1 while other's origins are 0x0. I feel
   this is inconsistent.

3) Flags are frame-type local but I think the protocol designers try
   to make them global unique as much as possible:

	END_STREAM (0x1)
	ACK (0x1)
	END_HEADERS (0x4)
	PADDED (0x8)
	PRIORITY (0x20)

   I think that END_STREAM or ACK should be 0x2.

--Kazu

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 09:02:36 -0700

> 1) SETTINGS_MAX_FRAME_SIZE should be SETTINGS_MAX_PAYLOAD_LENGTH.

I can make that change, but the others might need to hold.  If we make
other disruptive changes, then it might be OK, but the gains are
marginal and we've already seen how seemingly innocuous changes can
cause problems.