Subject: upgrade prose bug

From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 16:01:20 +1300

"Since the upgrade is only intended to apply to the immediate
connection, a client sending HTTP2-Settings MUST also send
HTTP2-Settings as a connection option in the Connection header field
to prevent it from being forwarded downstream."

Shouldn't that say upstream, with the idiom that client -> server is
upstream, server -> client is downstream?

-Rob

-- 
Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
Distinguished Technologist
HP Converged Cloud

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 10:35:52 -0700

https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/commit/a3b048b6d4a3a0b33402621711d835185bb5447b

---

From: "Roy T. Fielding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 06:31:20 +0200

> On Sep 29, 2014, at 7:35 PM, Martin Thomson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Actually, downstream is correct, though Martin's change is fine because it is redundant here. Client to server is called inbound. Downstream is just the direction of sending.

BTW, why doesn't the h2 spec refer to or copy the section on conformance in HTTP/1.1?

....Roy