Subject: Zero padding

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 09:43:37 -0700

Regarding https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/602

I draw your attention to
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-agl-tls-padding-03#section-3, which
makes the same requirements on padding that the current draft does:
that is, must be zero, no requirements to enforce this at the receiver
(though servers MAY validate this, which is as effective as a MUST in
ensuring compliance).  I hold that Adam and the numerous reviewers of
this draft from the TLS community collectively know more about this
than I could ever hope to, and suggest that we defer to their
collective judgment.

I would like to close issue #602 with the single change included in
the following PR:
https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/pull/617

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 11:26:32 +0100

Seems reasonable to me. Any further comment - especially (but not exclusively) from the TLS community?

Regards,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 16:41:49 +0100

Not hearing anything else, let’s close it with Martin’s proposal.