Subject: Reporting interop issues

From: Cory Benfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 09:25:18 +0100

At least two separate interop issues have been encountered with
Google's release of their h2-14 server implementation[1][2], by two
separate groups. It's not clear exactly how these issues should be
reported to Googlers. In both cases the actual report seems to have
been done through back channels.

It seems that it'd be useful to have a good forum for reporting
interop problems, where we can expect all (or at least most)
implementers to be paying attention. This list is clearly unsuited to
that role. In principle the devops list[3] is the correct place,
though in practice that list is a graveyard.

Is there any interest in attempting to establish such a reporting
mechanism, or should I just keep using Twitter?

Cory

[1]: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1059074
[2]: https://gist.github.com/Lukasa/7bde67d6d84254dcfc2f
[3]: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/http-devops/

---

From: Patrick McManus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 08:03:30 -0400

implementation G has some issues - so far they seem to be related to
implementing the largely needless churn of the last few IDs. implementation
M had a significant one too with -14 for the same reason, and so did
implementation T. I'm just guessing by some bugmail, but I think C shared
some of G's mistake, not surprisingly. Most of those have been shaken out
now.

my conclusion is that we should stop rearranging things.

-P

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 08:23:02 -0700

See also http://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2014/09/02/http2-interop-pains/