Subject: Fwd: Last Call: <status-change-http-status-code-308-ps-01.txt> (HTTP Status Code 308 (Permanent Redirect) to Proposed Standard (from Experimental))

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 17:46:54 +0100

(FYI)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Last Call: <status-change-http-status-code-308-ps-01.txt> (HTTP 
Status Code 308 (Permanent Redirect) to Proposed Standard (from 
Experimental))
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 08:38:41 -0800
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked]

The IESG has received a request from the Internet Engineering Steering
Group WG (iesg) to consider the following document:
- 'HTTP Status Code 308 (Permanent Redirect) to Proposed Standard'
   <status-change-http-status-code-308-ps-01.txt> from Experimental

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-12-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

In 2012, when RFC 7238 was approved, we went for Experimental because it
was, indeed, an experiment.  Since then, it has been implemented in 
Firefox and
Chrome, and Safari already supported it due to their default handling of 
3xx +
Location.

The experiment is, therefore, over, and was a success.  This action 
moves RFC
7238 to the Standards Track, as Proposed Standard.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-http-status-code-308-ps/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-http-status-code-308-ps/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 17:54:27 +0100

(FYI)

-------- Forwarded Message --------

Abstract

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 11:56:36 -0500

Please note the following last call.  As it says there, please send
any comments to <[email-masked]> (not to the http or apps-discuss
list).

Barry

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Subject: Last Call: <status-change-http-status-code-308-ps-01.txt>
(HTTP Status Code 308 (Permanent Redirect) to Proposed Standard (from
Experimental))
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Abstract

In 2012, when RFC 7238 was approved, we went for Experimental because it
was, indeed, an experiment.  Since then, it has been implemented in Firefox and
Chrome, and Safari already supported it due to their default handling of 3xx +
Location.

The experiment is, therefore, over, and was a success.  This action moves RFC
7238 to the Standards Track, as Proposed Standard.