Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tbray-http-legally-restricted-status-05.txt

From: Tim Bray <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 19:26:07 -0800

Having observed a surge in the stead background radiation of interest in
this, I added a couple of edits that had drifted in since the last draft.
Real HTML may be found at
http://www.tbray.org/tmp/draft-ietf-tbray-http-legally-restricted-status-05.html

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 7:23 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-tbray-http-legally-restricted-status-05.txt
To: Tim Bray <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tbray-http-legally-restricted-status-05.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tim Bray and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-tbray-http-legally-restricted-status
Revision:       05
Title:          An HTTP Status Code to Report Legal Obstacles
Document date:  2014-12-16
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          4
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tbray-http-legally-restricted-status-05.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tbray-http-legally-restricted-status/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tbray-http-legally-restricted-status-05
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tbray-http-legally-restricted-status-05

Abstract:
   This document specifies a Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) status
   code for use when resource access is denied as a consequence of legal
   demands.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
- Tim Bray (If you’d like to send me a private message, see
https://keybase.io/timbray)

---

From: "Roy T. Fielding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 01:30:36 -0800

On Dec 16, 2014, at 7:26 PM, Tim Bray wrote:

> Having observed a surge in the stead background radiation of interest in this, I added a couple of edits that had drifted in since the last draft.  Real HTML may be found at http://www.tbray.org/tmp/draft-ietf-tbray-http-legally-restricted-status-05.html

Umm, seems a bit naked without a reference to RFC7231.

....Roy

---

From: Virgil Griffith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 02:35:21 -0800

We are actually already using the 451 status code for banned content
on http://tor2web.org.  Nice to see more movement on this!

-V