Subject: Re: ALPN ID for HTTP/2 interop

From: Bence Béky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 11:21:48 -0500

Hi,

Just a heads up that we plan to only advertise designated
implementation drafts (currently only h2-14) on Chrome Stable and
Beta, in accordance with Tatsuhiro's e-mail starting this thread and
with the intention of _implementation_ drafts.  Chrome Dev and Canary,
on the other hand, advertise both h2-14 and h2-15, and we might add
h2-16 if needed for testing, but as these are development channels,
there are no guarantees for correct behavior.  (In particular,
HTTP_1_1_REQUIRED is still not handled properly, I'm working on it.)

Cheers,

Bence

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 7:59 AM, Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've been doing interop using h2-14 ALPN ID for a while.
> Some client/server now only advertise h2-15, others do both h2-14 and h2-15.
> Since draft-15 is binary compatible to h2-14, for code simplicity and
> interop, it would be better to stick to h2-14, unless we introduce binary
> incompatible changes in the future draft.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Current status of ALPN ID usage:
> Firefox nightly: h2-14, h2-15
> Chrome canary: h2-15
> Google server: h2-15
> Twitter: h2-14
> nghttp2: h2-14
>
> Best regards,
> Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa
>