Subject: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-httpbis-auth-info-04

From: "Black, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 22:08:41 +0000

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.
These comments were written with the intent of improving the operational
aspects of the IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call
may be included in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors
and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last call
comments.

Document: draft-ietf-httpbis-auth-info-04
Reviewer: David Black
Review Date: March 26, 2015
IETF LC End Date: April 2, 2015

Summary: This draft is ready for publication.

This draft relocates the specification of the HTTP Authentication-Info
and Proxy-Authentication-Info Response Header Fields to a separate
document in order to enable their future use by HTTP authentication
schemes other than "Digest" authentication.

As a documentation-only change, this draft is unlikely to have any
operational impact.  Any operational impact of use of these fields by
additional authentication schemes is a concern for the drafts that
define such schemes, and not this draft. 

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------