Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpbis-tunnel-protocol-04.txt> (The ALPN HTTP Header Field) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 16:35:53 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Hypertext Transfer Protocol WG
(httpbis) to consider the following document:
- 'The ALPN HTTP Header Field'
  <draft-ietf-httpbis-tunnel-protocol-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-06-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification allows HTTP CONNECT requests to indicate what
   protocol will be used within the tunnel once established, using the
   ALPN header field.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-tunnel-protocol/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-tunnel-protocol/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.