Subject: RFC 7540 on Hypertext Transfer Protocol Version 2 (HTTP/2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 16:07:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7540

        Title:      Hypertext Transfer Protocol Version 2 
                    (HTTP/2) 
        Author:     M. Belshe,
                    R. Peon,
                    M. Thomson, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      96
        Characters: 209580
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7540

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7540

This specification describes an optimized expression of the semantics
of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), referred to as HTTP
version 2 (HTTP/2).  HTTP/2 enables a more efficient use of network
resources and a reduced perception of latency by introducing header
field compression and allowing multiple concurrent exchanges on the
same connection.  It also introduces unsolicited push of
representations from servers to clients.

This specification is an alternative to, but does not obsolete, the
HTTP/1.1 message syntax.  HTTP's existing semantics remain unchanged.

This document is a product of the HyperText Transfer Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC