Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-cice-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 02:42:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Client-Initiated Content-Encoding
        Author          : Julian F. Reschke
	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpbis-cice-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2015-05-30

Abstract:
   In HTTP, content codings allow for payload encodings such as for
   compression or integrity checks.  In particular, the "gzip" content
   coding is widely used for payload data sent in response messages.

   Content codings can be used in request messages as well, however
   discoverability is not on par with response messages.  This document
   extends the HTTP "Accept-Encoding" header field for use in responses,
   to indicate that content codings are supported in requests.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-cice/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-cice-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-cice-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/