Subject: "First-Party-Only" cookies.

From: Mike West <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 15:58:47 +0200

In the many months between my last shot at this conversation and today,
I've significantly updated the first-party-only draft:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-west-first-party-cookies-03.

Based on the (brief) conversation at the HTTP Workshop, I'd like to
re-solicit opinions on the concept from this group. I have 90% of an
implementation in Chrome that I'd like to push out the door at some point
in the vaguely near future to start gaining experience with the feature in
the wild (and which you can play around with by
enabling chrome://flags/#enable-experimental-web-platform-features). GitHub
is experimenting with the feature, and seem happy with the direction it's
going in.

Mozilla folks have expressed interest in the past, and have provided some
insightful feedback on the document. I don't know whether they're equally
interested in implementation, but perhaps?

Is there interest in this group in either working through this draft as a
stand-alone document, or updating RFC 6265 entirely? (If the latter, then
I'll note that getting something like
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-west-origin-cookies-01 in as well would
be appealing).

Thanks!

--
Mike West <[email-masked]>, @mikewest

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München,
Germany, Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Hamburg, Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth
Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)