Subject: Getting draft-ietf-httpbis-alt-svc to Working Group Last Call

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 08:32:28 +0100

Hi there,

there have been quite a few issues addressed since draft 08, see 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-alt-svc-latest-from-previous.diff.html>.

Right now, we have three open issues 
(<https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/labels/alt-svc>):

"Reconciling MAY/can vs. SHOULD" 
(<https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/101>) - this was 
discussed during the WG session in Yokohama, but I did not agree with 
the outcome. I attempted to address the underlying issue in 
<https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/commit/acc3ae3c4290323069501d55ea8cdb5bacdbc6e8> 
and currently wait for feedback on it. (And I'd like to have this 
resolved before submitting the next draft).

The two other issues are:

"alt-svc from https (1.1) to https (1.1)" 
(<https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/91>) and "alt-svc vs 
the ability to convey the scheme inside the protocol" 
(<https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/92>) are related and 
were both raised by me. Let's get to them once we have a new draft and 
then try to finish up...

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 11:45:13 +0100

> were both raised by me. Let's get to them once we have a new draft and

For these two Mark proposed text that got positive feedback, see 
<https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/92>. I thus made this 
change (with minor tuning) and submitted draft 09 which might be 
suitable for Working Group Last Call...

Best regards, Julian